Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ebay and taxes on my bank account

Hi guys,

I have an issue. I have been selling on Ebay for few months now, and I would like to know if I have to pay any taxes for that ?
    Although my Ebay is registered in USA, all my items are actually sold from abroad location, by brother of my on my account.
    Is there any annual year fee that I must pay on income, although I was selling as an individual ,not a store. Most of the items sold were to abroad members.

Can anyone help me out ? I do not know what to do, if any taxes apply ?
    So far I did not pay any tax, but a friend told me that all the money that goes through my bank account (Including one withdrawn from PayPal)

Thanks guys!
    Happy collecting!
    Last edited by Pavle; 06-02-2013 at 05:57 AM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

If you sell a combination of:

1. Over 250 eBay sell transactions

&

2. $20,000.00 in Gross Sales or more

You then will have to claim the $20,000.00 or more as income.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thank you very much. That is info I was looking for.
    I think I earned around 7k, so it can still be considered a garage sale, since I actually sold parts of my personal collection.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You will not be hassled if under 20K

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That˙s what I was thinking ,but still will check with a taxman since I read few articles on IRS site, and I guess basically everything that is considered income is tax liable.
    But I guess I will not be earning over 20k for sure a year, but you never know.