Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (50)
    Country
    See ccblec's Items on eBay

What kind of investments do you got going?

Other than sports card, non-sports cards, and memorabilia what do you guys have your money invested in?

Real estate?
    Precious Metals? (Not Precious Metal Gems you card geeks )
    Comics?
    Certificates of Deposit?
    What about stocks/funds? What do you got going on there?

-Brandon

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

gold and silver and land

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

my investments are mainly stocks. Outside of mutual funds I like to buy well known, established companies that will more than likely be around. I also tend to buy stocks that pay dividends.

I've had interest in investing in land or real estate but don't really know where to start. Plus I don't really have the desire to manage it in the sense of renting properties.

I do buy and sell cards and other items like toys and video game consoles but don't consider them investments. I'd pretty much never consider collecting cards or comics as an investment. Sometimes they can appreciate but typically they won't.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

my investments are mainly stocks. Outside of mutual funds I like to buy well known, established companies that will more than likely be around. I also tend to buy stocks that pay dividends.

I've had interest in investing in land or real estate but don't really know where to start. Plus I don't really have the desire to manage it in the sense of renting properties.

I do buy and sell cards and other items like toys and video game consoles but don't consider them investments. I'd pretty much never consider collecting cards or comics as an investment. Sometimes they can appreciate but typically they won't.

i used the strategy of buying my first house and living in it until it was payed in full (i didn't make the purchase until i was totally debt free) then i lived in it while paying it off way early...my first house was only 30k..after it was paid off i bought my next house and it cost me a little more (46k)...i moved into the 46k house and rented out the 30k house..then i took all rent income and added it to my payment (again tossing every free dime i had to it) and before i knew it i had 2 paid off houses..then i bought my 3rd house which was right under 90k...moved into the 90k house and rented out the 30 and 46k houses again using the rental income on top of my own funds and paying off the 3rd house in less then 2 years...then the scrapyard blew up huge and now i don't really use strategy i just pay cash...but i really liked the strategy i used in my younger days and it really worked out...being a land lord is total PITA but i figured while i ws young i could handle it..my plan was to get 20 houses and use that to supplement my retirement income..and when the day came i didn't want to deal with tenants id just sell them all off and live a peaceful life....but i got lucky enough to get into the family scrapyard and now i don't really worry about supplementing any incomes...but the strategy is pretty solid if you can stay debt free minus mortgage and regular bills (lights, water, property taxes and so on)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

All of my investements went down the drain the day I said I do.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

LOL you need a rainy day bank account to do "hobbies"
    All of my investements went down the drain the day I said I do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

i used the strategy of buying my first house and living in it until it was payed in full (i didn't make the purchase until i was totally debt free) then i lived in it while paying it off way early...my first house was only 30k..after it was paid off i bought my next house and it cost me a little more (46k)...i moved into the 46k house and rented out the 30k house..then i took all rent income and added it to my payment (again tossing every free dime i had to it) and before i knew it i had 2 paid off houses..then i bought my 3rd house which was right under 90k...moved into the 90k house and rented out the 30 and 46k houses again using the rental income on top of my own funds and paying off the 3rd house in less then 2 years...then the scrapyard blew up huge and now i don't really use strategy i just pay cash...but i really liked the strategy i used in my younger days and it really worked out...being a land lord is total PITA but i figured while i ws young i could handle it..my plan was to get 20 houses and use that to supplement my retirement income..and when the day came i didn't want to deal with tenants id just sell them all off and live a peaceful life....but i got lucky enough to get into the family scrapyard and now i don't really worry about supplementing any incomes...but the strategy is pretty solid if you can stay debt free minus mortgage and regular bills (lights, water, property taxes and so on)

not a bad strategy. I could probably handle renting out my house, but not sure I could handle it more than likely getting messed up.