Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Seen my share of Roy autos and not one of them looked like that...i'd be really cautious on that one

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Its crazy to think about that. I always wanted the 75th anniversary holo card. but I have a hard time paying more than 50$ for a Pro Set card

Get the Stanley Cup hologram card instead. It'll still cot you more than 50$ though.

Be careful with those Roy Pro Set autos. Lots of fakes out there I bet. Frankly, at 400$, it would be cheaper to get the mask card and have Roy sign it in person in gold ink as a signing.

Cheers,
    reoddai

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

roy.jpgroy2.jpgroy3.jpg

just to compare sigs from the same year
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

there has been a few posts about these cards, might be in the archives, but yeah its a real, very rare, card. But I agree with the above posts, that auto is VERY strange for him, I'd stay clear personally. Then again, the odds of finding one are amazingly small
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was around when those cards were getting pulled and sold at shows. I've NEVER seen one like that. I wouldn't even consider purchasing the card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Makes me want to break the boxes I have in the basement

there has been a few posts about these cards, might be in the archives, but yeah its a real, very rare, card. But I agree with the above posts, that auto is VERY strange for him, I'd stay clear personally. Then again, the odds of finding one are amazingly small

SCF Rewards
    Country

Makes me want to break the boxes I have in the basement

Wait, you actually have unopened hockey card boxes in your basement that you have no intention of selling? Then what are you waiting for, buddy? Go ahead and bust some wax. If you won't sell them anyways, what good are they doing unopened, eh?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been a Mask collector since 2007 and I was very surprised when I saw those cards on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I too had never seen such collectables of Roy before, but it sounds like it's indeed a part of Beckett Hockey. I think that Roy's autograph looks way different than what it should, so I wouldn't purchase that card even if it were cheaper. Sure, autographs evolve and/or deteriorate, but that's just too big of a change in such a short amount of time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wait, you actually have unopened hockey card boxes in your basement that you have no intention of selling? Then what are you waiting for, buddy? Go ahead and bust some wax. If you won't sell them anyways, what good are they doing unopened, eh?

I bought a bunch locally for really cheap, like really really cheap. I got bored of throwing cards at the wall after 3 or 4 boxes. Maybe I should search them for a Roy, if nothing else I'll have some decent kindling for the fire pit this summer

SCF Rewards
    Country

I bought a bunch locally for really cheap, like really really cheap. I got bored of throwing cards at the wall after 3 or 4 boxes. Maybe I should search them for a Roy, if nothing else I'll have some decent kindling for the fire pit this summer

I think your worst nightmare (especially with a username saying royfan) would be to throw those boxes on the fireplace and suddenly realize that inside the flames is a Patrick Roy autograph Pro Set mask, haha. Open them up before you use the cards to fire up your fireplace! Haha.
    Last edited by TheBoxBreaker; 06-15-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast