What it boils down to me is that Black Diamond has become a very stale and boring and repetitive product. Sorry to all of you Black Diamond fans.

It is pretty much the same product year in and year out with very little difference in design. I do think that the product just lacks the real chase potential. Their seems to be a real lack of big hit potential.

They have added the puzzle design to the jerseys which is a cool idea but to me is a one year type of thing to do. The auto dual jerseys /5 are great as well. That is will give them credit one.

If you figure out what the real big hits are they break down to:

The ruby /100 parallel only really sell well for big name rookies.
The gold /10 parallel only sell really well for bigger name star players and all rookies.
The onyx /1 parallel are really highly collected.
The auto checklist has been brutal the past few years. One auto per every two boxes and to get a Luca Caputi is just not a big hit to me.
The jerseys do not sell well at all and have a lot of scrub level players.
The jersey/autos /5 do very well and are a good new feature.
The Stanley Cup Rings and All Time Great acetate cards are cool but are /100 and are not that hard to find. I pulled a Jari Kurri and only got $10 for a case hit.

I think that the set has potential but should be changed up a bit to keep up with the times. I feel as if maybe these changes may help:

Make it is mid to later NHL season release. Save Series One as the first product with live rookies.
Bring back the quad jersey card design. Those looked nice.
Make the quad jersey have parallels. /25 version has all two colour jersey swatches (prime as if from Panini) and make a /10 version of a quad patch.
Combine Black Diamond with Ice. Ice has been off the market for a few years now. Ice and Black Diamond kinda have a similar theme.
Add ice rookies /1999, /999, /499 and /99. Ice rookies /99 are very sought after.
Add Ice Premiere dual patch/auto rookie cards /10 which sell for stupid prices.
Make a Ice Premier dual auto/patch /10 version of vet players.
Make 20 quad diamond rookies. A quad diamond rookie will fall one every two cases/twenty boxes.

Those are just my thoughts.