Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Best TTM Footbal Item

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CamaroDMD's Items on eBay

Best TTM Footbal Item

I have a random question...I am trying to decide what type of item to send to a retired football player for TTM signing. I don't really want to send a card as that seems too simple. An official football seems like a large item to send. I was thinking about a mini helmet...but I have never had one signed before and I don't know the best way to ship it or if they are really that good for signing. I could always send an 8x10 photo...but I'm just not sure.

What would you recommend to send to a football player?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I like flats as they are easy to store and easy to display! Look for 8x10's for $1 printed at this site:
    http://www.adoramapix.com/app/products/prints
    It is sometimes hard to find singles for this price.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Minis look amazing signed & displayed but displaying them is sometimes a problem unless you have the space. Plus the price with the minis, it gets expensive buying & shipping them both ways if your doing it on a regular basis. For a legend/HOFer those athletes make the minis all the more worth while. I also like the flats ( 8x10's & cards ) for storage & price. Plus its nice on your slow weeks to sit down with the binder & go through all the successes.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

If I cannot see the person sign it or trust that I am getting an authentic signature, I am always leary about sending anything more expensive than a trading card or an 8x10. There are former players that have signed, that you just cannot be sure are real signatures, so I wouldn't want to waste an expensive item. For instance, you used to be able to send to Joe Montana TTM, and you would get a signature back. However, most experts thought that it wasn't a real signature from him. So, would you want to send an authentic football, or a card? If you are doing a mail-in signing through a promoter, or the athlete offers some type of COA, then that is a different story. And of course you run the risk of not getting anything you send back, so you need to make sure that you are ok financially with sending it and never seeing it again. Tough call
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If I cannot see the person sign it or trust that I am getting an authentic signature, I am always leary about sending anything more expensive than a trading card or an 8x10. There are former players that have signed, that you just cannot be sure are real signatures, so I wouldn't want to waste an expensive item. For instance, you used to be able to send to Joe Montana TTM, and you would get a signature back. However, most experts thought that it wasn't a real signature from him. So, would you want to send an authentic football, or a card? If you are doing a mail-in signing through a promoter, or the athlete offers some type of COA, then that is a different story. And of course you run the risk of not getting anything you send back, so you need to make sure that you are ok financially with sending it and never seeing it again. Tough call

I only send cards ttm for the above reasons. If I want something else signed I will fork up the money for an autograph show or buy the item from a reputable company already pre-signed.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I started doing this lately...I cut up the outside of a deflated football into a sort of football shape and send it out with the idea of one day creating a custom card out of it...here are some of the ones I've gotten back so far....
    http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/bo...ml?sort=3&o=31
    http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/bo...ml?sort=3&o=64
    http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/bo...ml?sort=3&o=76

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CamaroDMD's Items on eBay

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to ship a mini helmet?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspoe093's Items on eBay

I sent a mini once. I got a 2 16x20 sized or near that envelopes and sent the helmet in the box it came in. It worked fine and the helmet looked great.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd send the mini helmet if you know the person signs, you can afford it, and can afford to never see it again (just in case)!