Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Stick or Gloves?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • GU Stick ($100-$120)

17 60.71%
  • GU Gloves ($125)

11 39.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmlxcrosby87's Items on eBay

Which Would You Rather Have?

This isn't really a hockey card question, but it's collecting related lol :)

I just want opinions on this. If you could get either a Game used Stick, or Game used Gloves of your favorite player, which one would you get? You can only get one, and the gloves are a tiny bit more expensive than the stick.

Basically my situation is this that I'm stuck on what 2 items to purchase from these 3:

Gardiner GU Gloves $125
    Gardiner GU Stick $120
    Colborne GU Stick $100

I have good reasons to get a combo of any 2.. but I want to know basically if sticks are seen as "better" than gloves, or vice versa.

Thanks for any input!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I take it you're going to the equipment sale at RealSports tomorrow? Man I wish I lived in TO!

I would go with the Gardiner stick. He's your major PC, stick displays better in a limited space, hockey gloves stink.

Hope you get what you want tomorrow. I would love to pick up a Kessel stick if I could be there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

If I were you I would also go with both gardiners. He will have a better career than coleborne will and I would rather have gardiner.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

I take it you're going to the equipment sale at RealSports tomorrow? Man I wish I lived in TO!

I would go with the Gardiner stick. He's your major PC, stick displays better in a limited space, hockey gloves stink.

Hope you get what you want tomorrow. I would love to pick up a Kessel stick if I could be there.

I am yes :)

And for sure I'm going with the Gardiner stick, I'm more torn between the second item, either the colborne stick (which would complete my 11-12 RC trifecta, I have Frattin already) or the Gardiner gloves which would just be another big PC addition for him.

Thanks!!

Btw, they are selling everything that is left after the sale on their website so you may have a chance to grab a kessel stick still!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I were you I would also go with both gardiners. He will have a better career than coleborne will and I would rather have gardiner.

Thanks for the input!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

I would do the sticks but I have a small collection off signed sticks. Im not a die hard fan of a single player really but if I were I might go for gloves and stick instead tho. Gloves would be cool but a stick might hold its value better.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Id choose gloves , Players go through more sticks in a season than gloves and helmets . You'll always be able to get a stick gloves I find players tend to keep more to themselves ! We had the Oilers locker room sale here last weekend ! Always tons of fun ! Have a great time !

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

If your major PC is Gardiner, then I would go with both Gardiner items

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I would go with the Gloves. He's the guy you're collecting... you'll be happier with them in the long run.

Curious - how much do prices vary @ the sale? Those sticks are a decent price, but would "no-name" players be cheaper?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go with the Gloves. He's the guy you're collecting... you'll be happier with them in the long run.

Curious - how much do prices vary @ the sale? Those sticks are a decent price, but would "no-name" players be cheaper?

Here's the sale catalog: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/292111a2#/292111a2/1

Somewhat similar all around except for the "higher end" guys.

Also thanks for everyone's input, very appreciated!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast