Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by forgerelli View Post
    The 1992 Fleer Procards is also from a major manufacturer and came out at the same time as the Bowman. The 1992 Bowman is as common as dirt and no one can say it's a nice looking card.
    While it is made by Fleer it is still a minor league card from a minor league set. 1992 Bowman has MLB players in it. I'm not going to argue that there is ample supply of the stuff but from 1992-1999 that was THE set to own of Bowman and it carried the brand's name for years. It may not have much clout now but it is from a historical and memorable set.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Hey Guys,
    Thank you so much! This is exactly why I posted in here. Thanks for everything :-) I'm not into minor league cards at all, but I understand why some people would collect them. In hockey we have In The Game (ITG) who do minor league/non-licensed stuff and I don't think it's worth a broken penny, but they do have their hard core collectors.

I think I'll snag myself a raw 1992 Bowman and either a PSA 10 or BGS 9.5. Like I said, it's strictly a personal collection thing so I want the one card that is universally recognised as his primo RC. The Jeter was a GREAT comparison. I remember having a bunch of those at the time because it's when you could buy more than one product. Once again, thanks for everything guys, greatly appreciated :-)
    "I like chicken wings"
    -The Fat Man

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty McGee View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Thank you so much! This is exactly why I posted in here. Thanks for everything :-) I'm not into minor league cards at all, but I understand why some people would collect them. In hockey we have In The Game (ITG) who do minor league/non-licensed stuff and I don't think it's worth a broken penny, but they do have their hard core collectors.

I think I'll snag myself a raw 1992 Bowman and either a PSA 10 or BGS 9.5. Like I said, it's strictly a personal collection thing so I want the one card that is universally recognised as his primo RC. The Jeter was a GREAT comparison. I remember having a bunch of those at the time because it's when you could buy more than one product. Once again, thanks for everything guys, greatly appreciated :-)
    Hope you find a nice one!

The 1992 bowman is a lame card in my opinion. He is in street clothes and just looks awkward. The 1990 procards is very cool.......

Quote Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
    The 1992 bowman is a lame card in my opinion. He is in street clothes and just looks awkward. The 1990 procards is very cool.......
    While its not "attractive" Its widely viewed as his best RC.

From a brand and time standpoint it is his best I agree. Maybe lame is the wrong word. It is strange how they did the photo.

From a brand and time standpoint it is his best I agree. Maybe lame is the wrong word. It is strange how they did the photo.
    I agree. Its an interesting card lol. Not my favorite from an aesthetic point of view. But having a PSA 10 or BGS 9.5 would be awesome.

"This Rivera guy only throws a fastball. Don't even bother getting him in his Yankees uniform. He won't amount to anything."

Whoops
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

His 1993 Bowman although not his first bowman is a much nicer looking card in my opinion......

His 1993 Bowman although not his first bowman is a much nicer looking card in my opinion......
    We can all agree on that one.

I wonder if the 1993 was his first mainstream card if it would be worth more than the 1992. Just because it's such a nicer looking card. I know the PSA 10's of the 1993 have more than doubled in price in the last year. The 1992's have gone up about 25%.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12