Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmlxcrosby87's Items on eBay

My "Man Cave" and Pickups from the Equipment Sale

Lots to show and tell for me today, I had a very busy day yesterday and here's how it went:

As most of you know, the Leafs Equipment Sale took place at the ACC 9am yesterday. Me and 2 friends left to go down at around 8:30 and ended up getting there around 9:45. We thought it was a decent time to go but there was still a fairly long line and we didn't get in the store until an hour later. I had no idea how the amount of stock would be like going into this so I was kind of worried I wouldn't get what I planned. When we got in we went straight to the sticks and got to looking. All of the Reimer, Scrivens and Lupul sticks were long gone. I posted a thread asking for advice a few days ago and I thank everyone for their input once again. I decided that I couldn't make the decision until I saw all of the pieces in person. Here's what the glove table looked like when I was there:

It was a disaster lol. I tried to find Gardiner gloves but ironically, half of the gloves didn't have names on them and you had no way of knowing whos they were.. unless his just happened to sell out. Anyways, the only players with names on them were Phaneuf, Bozak, Komisarek and Aulie haha. So after looking for a bit, there was no point in getting gloves.

So going back to the sticks, my main goal was a Gardiner, and Colborne stick, the best looking I could find. I got damn lucky because as I looked through the sticks I took out any of theirs I saw so I could compare them. I ended up at the end of the sticks holding 2 of each. I thanked my lucky stars, I had the last 2 in the whole store of each of them in my hand and it was only 2 hours into the sale. Both of each were different but I chose the nicest of the 2 I had. I looked around for bit and ended up getting some socks of each color for $10 a piece. Sadly you couldn't tell who actually used the socks either, but they had lots of puck marks and repairs on them which is really cool.

I got lucky once again when paying. For those who saw the online catalog, the prices in store where actually different for a couple items and the Gardiner stick was priced at $150. The cashier told me that only in-store prices mattered, but before I was about to pay she random said "You know what, I'll just give you the stick for $120" which was absolutely awesome of her! So those were my 2 pickups :)

My buddies also got a Kessel, Kadri, and JVR stick which I'll show too.

Sorry for the long read but here are the pics!!!

Also I'm going to include some shots of my Leafs Room and some of my most prized pieces haha.

Socks:

Wear and tear:

2 Sticks:

Up close:

Rookie Trifecta:

All of the sticks incl my buddies:

Main Shots of my Leafs Room:

Oh ya and I went to the free Billy Talent Concert too :)

Thanks for looking!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Great pickups, and a very cool looking room!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! I just have to find a spot for the sticks now lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

Would love to get some of the socks for only $10! Sure wish I was in the Toronto area....

Sweet pickups btw!

SCF Rewards
    Country

bro that is sick. I would have loved to go there. Diggin your man cave as well lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would love to get some of the socks for only $10! Sure wish I was in the Toronto area....

Sweet pickups btw!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

Awesome pick ups!!! Lucky guy, definitely a perk of living in the heart of Leafs nation. It's too bad the way they had those gloves just thrown on the table like that. Figured they'd at least keep the pairs that were together tied together. They coulda made a little more by tagging a guys name on the socks(which are friggin awesome too) very nice man cave. Thanks for sharing your story and pics!

SCF Rewards
    Country

bro that is sick. I would have loved to go there. Diggin your man cave as well lol

Thanks a lot man!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome pick ups!!! Lucky guy, definitely a perk of living in the heart of Leafs nation. It's too bad the way they had those gloves just thrown on the table like that. Figured they'd at least keep the pairs that were together tied together. They coulda made a little more by tagging a guys name on the socks(which are friggin awesome too) very nice man cave. Thanks for sharing your story and pics!

Definitely glad to be a huge Leaf fan with easy access to the heart of the city haha. The gloves were in pairs actually, but there was no organization to them, the tags had barely any player names and the few that did were the ones who had names stitched on. And same with the socks, I wish they just had a little tag with the player name on them.

Thanks for the kind comments I appreciate them a lot!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I have my stick laying horizontally across my wall which looks pretty awesome, you could always try that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast