Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Baltimore Orioles

We live in Oregon. Over 100 micro-brewers, the most in the USA, They are all hopping things up this year especially.

Ive had some good stuff from Oregon. I don't know if they are "micro-brewers" but Widmer Bros is good.

I also can't seem to get into Rogue, and they are insanely priced here. Like 7 bucks for a 22 oz bottle of Dead Guy Ale.

Feel free to ship me a hopped up beverage from out there at your convenience

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Widmer is commercial, they are in all the stores. Probably began as Micro, but now mainstream,.. Widmer is popular with those Hop drinkers just breaking in, but to the die-hard hoppers, they are weak-sauce now.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (17)
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Minnesota Twins Minnesota Timberwolves
    See Alwaysabc's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr
    Member is PayPal Verified

Widmer is part of Craft Brewers who are traded publicly and are taking all there beers commercial. Kona, Red Hook, Widmer, Dechuetes, etc. That is the cost of growing a business ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

you gotta understand, I live in a small town of 3000 in the middle of WV...there is one microbrew in this area, and Im sure none of you have heard of them as they dont bottle...

On top of that, I have to take what I can get in stores locally, which isnt much. If I dont travel...its meh.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Great discussion!

Biggtyme, I have heard so much about Surly. I hope to have one of their beers someday. The only MN brewery we get down here in SW MO is Summit, and they make some pretty good stuff, but I keep reading about how great Surly is whenever people bring them up on RateBeer. If I ever visit family in MN again (I was born there), having some Surly beers is definitely high on the priority list.

centreice, wow, that is really cool! It's so rare to see women who love the hoppy stuff. Heck, it's rare enough among guys. My dad is a wine guy, and I've gotten him into some stuff like Chimay, but he rarely goes for the bitter beers (he DID like Ruination, though - go figure). I suppose your wife might like this one I am having now, though it is "just" 112 IBUs:

WVcoltsfan, Dead Guy is priced ridiculously everywhere, it seems. Six-packs of that go from $12 to $16 here. :( I tend to just pick up bombers of their oatmeal stout and hazelnut brown ale on occasion instead when I want stuff from them.

In my area, besides Marshall, there is a great new micro called Mother's who came out with beers in 2011. They even got awards their first year. If anyone is ever in the SW MO area, try out some of their beers. Apparently their impy stout is one of the best in the nation, but it's so hard to find that I've only seen it in their tap room - not sold in stores - and I didn't have any there because of the high ABV and the fact that I was driving at the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I decided to have one of the beers I picked up at the Outer Banks Brewing Station. They brew all their own stuff on site and its pretty tasty.

It is a Moondog Early Spring Beer (ESB) and I believe 5.8% ABV

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Been drinking a lot of Templeton Rye lately

As for beer, Olde Main in Ames Iowa - Home of Iowa State University - My Alma Mater - Makes a wonderful stout called sod buster

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought the hoppyum was pretty good. Is Mecklenberg a Rye? I have a couple Saranac Ryes that Im holding back.

I don't know, I know RPA stands for Rein Pale Ale, been just getting into beer the past year or so as I moved to Charlotte (NC is a beer-mecca!)

I wonder if it would be possible to trade brews, would be cool to taste some stuff you guys have access to!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know, I know RPA stands for Rein Pale Ale, been just getting into beer the past year or so as I moved to Charlotte (NC is a beer-mecca!)

I wonder if it would be possible to trade brews, would be cool to taste some stuff you guys have access to!

That would be interesting. I will pitch it to the brass and see what they say.

Would be cool to get like a little "brew traders group" going.

Im not sure the USPS will allow it either.

If I had to guess it wont be allowed on SCF either way though. haha
    Last edited by WVcoltsfan; 06-19-2013 at 02:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Trading beer is technically illegal. I tried it once with the P.O., and it was not accepted.

There are some people at RateBeer who still do it anyway and simply lie about what is in the packages they send. I do not think this is principled, so I refuse to do it. If I want to try a beer I cannot find in my area, I just go and see if I can order it online instead through a certified merchant.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast