Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

A HOT BOX......! In retail?

Short story first

Stopped at Target before meeting up with family visiting and figured id kill some time.

Upon entering the card aisle I said whats normally said and thats " gosh darnit no hockey again!" But i examimed more and loe and behold a UD series one tin tucked behind the usual baseball and basketball boxes. I needed a tin to store cards in and figured why not break some packs while at it so I bit the bait.

$30 plus tax should have read the price scanner thought it would have been $20
    Anyway I just got home and busted it open.

First pack had a jersey so i saved it

Other hits:
    Lucic and Eberle Silver Skates
    Heatly and Couture MVP
    Horton and Kippersof Canvas
    Kreider YG, Sven Baertschi YG, Silfverberg YG canvas

And the jersey was of Trevor Daley

Not the best GU but still beat the odds and thats actually my first Dallas GU card. Got an extra MVP as well as YG. Great YGs hit as well. Nothing is for trade or sale at the moment thanks for reading if you did ;)

BANNED

Country

Definitely not a "hot Box" as I've pulled multiple colored refractor autos out of baseball blasters.
    t
    But 100% an awesome hit in a box youre not expecting a hit from!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

^^ Upper Deck Series 1 doesn't have "multiple coloured refractor autos" in the product. The reference to other sports lines doesn't really hold a lot of validity to it.

--------------------

Definitely a strong tin - you got some nice boosts with the GU and the Canvas YG (GU are 1:48 and so are the Canvas YG's right?) and it's pretty rare that you see three of the top RC's bunched together like that. I was pleasantly surprised to see how solid Silfverberg sells, so good on you for nailing that nice parallel.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually jerseys are 1:24 usually for the tins its 1:48 i was surprised too

BANNED

Country

-_____________-

-RGM81 loves his job at the Hair Splitting Factory-

;) ;) ;) But Seriously

I was simply giving an example of a "hot box"

So the GU is about 1:4 tins right? I'd definitely say that you killed the odds, but wouldn't call it a hot box. To me. A Hot box is a box that contains 2-4 autos but comes with 6-8 autos

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah i know it isnt technically a hot box but for retail its better than what I would usually get.

BANNED

Country

Yeah i know it isnt technically a hot box but for retail its better than what I would usually get.

Yah I agree, even if I get a $2 GU or Auto out of retail, it's sometimes better to get that feeling of beating (or destroying) the odds than the actual card itself.

A lot of "Hobby-Only" Purists i know, don't know that awesome retail pull feeling.

But again, not a hot box >.< :P

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd say you did pretty well on the YG's

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

I would say that was a great tin

you got a gu and the 3 yg which are all pretty good and 2 silver skates

not bad for the price

SCF Rewards