Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Quiz: Do you know MLB rules?

Think you know MLB rules? Take the test and we can see how everyone does!

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/quiz...know-mlb-rules
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Damn..... I got 4 out of 10 right... lol
    Giancarlo Stanton SuperCollector!
    Also collecting Appel, Correa, and Singleton...
    Astros #1 fan. Not a bandwagon, I stick with my team through the thick and the thin!

7/10 not too bad I guess, missed 1,5, 10.
    Photos:Hidden Content
    I collect Darren Sproles, Daniel Thomas, T. Newman, other KStaters, Eric Hosmer and KC Royals, KC Chiefs and Jimmy Graham. Please PM with any questions.

Thanks, James

I want all the current MLB umps to take this and see what they get
    Collector of:
    Twins (9 1/1s), Chris Herrmann (26%), Justin Morneau (just starting),
    Michael Cuddyer (also just starting), baseball sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content

lol i know right.
    Giancarlo Stanton SuperCollector!
    Also collecting Appel, Correa, and Singleton...
    Astros #1 fan. Not a bandwagon, I stick with my team through the thick and the thin!

I bet most umps would get at least 9/10 on a test and I think there is typically a rule book on site for reference in case they have and issue. Doesn't mean they make the right call on the field always.
    Photos:Hidden Content
    I collect Darren Sproles, Daniel Thomas, T. Newman, other KStaters, Eric Hosmer and KC Royals, KC Chiefs and Jimmy Graham. Please PM with any questions.

Thanks, James

I got 7/10 right, I missed 1, 6, and 8.

I really dislike the wording on some of these. On question 1, I knew that he was out, I just assumed it was a trick question because technically he isn't out for interference, he is just out. The rule book doesn't state what it is called, just that he is out.

I got question 5 right, but the wording never clearly mentions that his feet left the field of play. If he goes into the stands but his feet hang in the field of play, the ball is live.

I doubt that all of the umpires would get perfect 10's, but I bet all would get 8 or better (other than Angel Hernandez)

Agreed, the wording made me fumble on some, and I jsut flat out read #10 wrong (though i probably stil lwould have answered the same >.<)

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan1324 View Post
    I got 7/10 right, I missed 1, 6, and 8.

I really dislike the wording on some of these. On question 1, I knew that he was out, I just assumed it was a trick question because technically he isn't out for interference, he is just out. The rule book doesn't state what it is called, just that he is out.

I got question 5 right, but the wording never clearly mentions that his feet left the field of play. If he goes into the stands but his feet hang in the field of play, the ball is live.

I doubt that all of the umpires would get perfect 10's, but I bet all would get 8 or better (other than Angel Hernandez)

Five really confused me. I don't think most umpires do that. Give a base to each runner when a catch is made and then the player falls into the stands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast