Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

Doc Rivers headed to the Clippers

After days of wrangling, negotiating and posturing, the Los Angeles Clippers have agreed in principle to a deal with the Celtics for coach Doc Rivers, pending league approval, according to sources.

Sources confirmed on Sunday that the Clippers will sign Rivers to a three-year, $21 million contract. They will send a 2015 first-round pick as compensation to the Celtics, who have agreed to release the coach from the three years, $21 million he has remaining on his deal with the club.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...rs-sources-say

Looks like CP3 will stay in LA.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

If I was the Celtics I wouldn't let him out of his contract....only good news is that there a some solid coaches out there to get.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett(71)
    Country
    See jamarchand2012's Items on eBay

The Celtics got fleeced. As a Celtics fan, Danny Ainge sucks. This guy asks for the roof, the clouds, the stars and the sun and ends up getting a damn Kia. A 1st round pick in 2015? Thanks Ainge. So we get the 22-30th pick in the draft since it wont be a good pick. I thought the Celtics were looking for two picks total? Please oh please tell me that in the potential Deandre for KG trade we end up getting another pick, PLEASE. Sorry for my rant.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

I don't know if I want Deandre Jordan and his 11-12 million dollar a year contract. He is not worth that money to me.

The Celtics got fleeced. As a Celtics fan, Danny Ainge sucks. This guy asks for the roof, the clouds, the stars and the sun and ends up getting a damn Kia. A 1st round pick in 2015? Thanks Ainge. So we get the 22-30th pick in the draft since it wont be a good pick. I thought the Celtics were looking for two picks total? Please oh please tell me that in the potential Deandre for KG trade we end up getting another pick, PLEASE. Sorry for my rant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I was the Celtics I wouldn't let him out of his contract....only good news is that there a some solid coaches out there to get.

I think thats why they've let him go. They didn't want to pay Doc $7mill a year to rebuild when they could get a solid coach for half the price.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Clippers are the big winners on this one. Clearly Rivers did not wanted to stya since he is going to make the same amount of money. Granted, Clippers have some key players in place, and they are young. They have a better chance to be better than the Celtics right now.

They need to find a way to get Garnett over there wihtout Stern being nosy and complaining about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Clippers are the big winners on this one. Clearly Rivers did not wanted to stya since he is going to make the same amount of money. Granted, Clippers have some key players in place, and they are young. They have a better chance to be better than the Celtics right now.

They need to find a way to get Garnett over there wihtout Stern being nosy and complaining about it.

If Garnett goes to the Clippers I will lose a lot of respect for him. The way he's treated Ray Allen after he went to Miami and now he would be doing the same thing to go to LA. I know I know Allen went as a FA and Garnett would technically be traded, but thats only because he would wave his no trade clause.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    NUTS (38)
    Country

I hope Rivers can light fire under Howard if he ends up there now.