Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    My traders on Flickr

in the end, i think DL liked Frattin better than Read (or at least as much) and got his back up, a 2nd round pick and $500K cap space to boot.

If Read was what was what we had to get rid of to get him then I'd rather let the Leafs have Bernier. I haven't heard a whole lot in terms of the trade talks other than the Flyers were interested, which hearing this makes me a little more ok. Although, I'd love to see Holmgren go b/c he makes ok decisions like this one but gives ridiculous contracts to the wrong people.

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

OH GREAT another brian burke -MISTAKE..

LOL.
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

If Read was what was what we had to get rid of to get him then I'd rather let the Leafs have Bernier. I haven't heard a whole lot in terms of the trade talks other than the Flyers were interested, which hearing this makes me a little more ok. Although, I'd love to see Holmgren go b/c he makes ok decisions like this one but gives ridiculous contracts to the wrong people.

word was DL wanted Couturier but Holmgren was only offering Read.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    My traders on Flickr

word was DL wanted Couturier but Holmgren was only offering Read.

Ok, well im happy the Kings didn't want Read then lol. This just further shows me that Holmgren needs to go and we need to bring in a hockey guy that didn't use to play for the Flyers. Im convinced that we won't win a cup until that happens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See shapsplayhouse's Items on eBay

Bernier is only 24, which is 2 years younger than Scrivens. Bernier has had more hype to his name while coming up. It will be interesting to see even as a back-up he will be able to get another 9 wins in Toronto.
    As for Frattin I liked him and will miss him in a TO Jersey, but you can only wish him luck. I see him playing beside Brown next year causing lots of problems for the other team

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

The Kings were sunk this year by their lack of secondary scoring in their bottom 6 Fs, Frattin should help with that. He's only gotten his feet wet in the NHL so far but with his shot and offensive instincts, he should make for at least a good 3rd liner.

I feel like this is setting up the Leafs for a "goaltending controversy" though but it's a nice position to have that 2 potential starting G. Scrivens is decent but no one is confusing him for an NHL starter, he'll even probably have some competition for the Kings backup job with Martin Jones.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

Bernier will be a stud, I think my initial reaction of disappoint was for the fact I just paid a decent price to upgrade my cup rookies of Frattin and Scrivens. Lol. And the fact that I'm a big Reimer fan, he is a class act and was the leafs MVP last season, but from a potential scale Bernier has a massive upside.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmlxcrosby87's Items on eBay

Bernier > Scrivens, that much is certain. The future 2nd-rounder in 2014 or 2015 I can live without, but Matt Frattin is a quality depth power forward who hasn't peaked yet. The Leafs seemed to have undervalued him from the get-go. I'll be sad to see him go, especially given that his place looks to be going to a softer kind of player. That's regression, Leafs management! Komarov is also not coming back, so what's the plan on the continuing with our toughness now? Most obviously, however, is that they just threw a very capable, dedicated, quality guy in James Reimer under the bus.

Not so sure about this one. There had better be more roster moves coming to compensate for the loss of toughness up front. I would rather have guys like Komarov and Frattin in there than guys like Orr and McLaren, who can fight, but can't play hockey worth a damn.

I agree ^

Now I'm not sure what to do with my Frattin/Scriven PC's though :(

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I agree with the depth scoring that the Kings lacked this playoff season. Guys like King and Nolan went back to being Thumbers that forgot to even hit anybody.

They should have injured Chicago and they sulked off without a hint of a fight.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think a 3 for at this point is a little steep of a price to pay. Is Leaf management's problem with Reimer? Do they not trust him?, or do they really want to solidify the back-up position?

I don't see a need for this trade as Bernier has not been given the opportunity to show that he is any better than Scrivens at this point.

I just don't get it.

Scrivens

12GP - 4W - 5L - 2OTL - 35 Goals Against - 3.13GAA - .902 SV%

Bernier

14GP - 9W - 3 L - 1OTL - 24 Goals Against - 1.88GAA - .922 SV%

Numbers show that Bernier is better than Scrivens

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast