Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Toronto Maple Leafs Acquire Jonathan Bernier

In exchange for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, and a 2nd round pick in either 2014 or 2015.

Per TSN.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bernier collectors rejoice! A starting role in a hockey market ( sorry optimus reim fans )
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

I'm a leaf fan and when my brother just called to tell me this I was choked! The leafs have a starter capable of winning them games. So why trade a backup with promise, a hard working solid third liner and a pick for another backup with promise. Terrible. They didn't need to make this deal at all. Plus now what's a guy to do with his collection of scrivens and frattin rookies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See shapsplayhouse's Items on eBay

Bozak is next... off to Florida for him lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Bernier > Scrivens, that much is certain. The future 2nd-rounder in 2014 or 2015 I can live without, but Matt Frattin is a quality depth power forward who hasn't peaked yet. The Leafs seemed to have undervalued him from the get-go. I'll be sad to see him go, especially given that his place looks to be going to a softer kind of player. That's regression, Leafs management! Komarov is also not coming back, so what's the plan on the continuing with our toughness now? Most obviously, however, is that they just threw a very capable, dedicated, quality guy in James Reimer under the bus.

Not so sure about this one. There had better be more roster moves coming to compensate for the loss of toughness up front. I would rather have guys like Komarov and Frattin in there than guys like Orr and McLaren, who can fight, but can't play hockey worth a damn.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rkkwong's Items on eBay

I agree. They are trading away a whole lot for an unproven goalie, which may or maybe be better than Scrivens. And what about Rynass?
    Tradelist/wantlist: Hidden Content

Looking for Buffalo Bills and HOFers auto/GU in football and Auston Matthews & vintage players GU/autos in hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

any Leaf fans know if Frattin plays LW? i know he is a right shot and it says RW on nhl.com, but i'm curious if he has played any LW because that's where the Kings would like him to play, i would think.

and you will be happy with Bernier. i could see a Bernier (50) Reimer (30) split next year and it will be an improvement from last year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    My traders on Flickr

Im pretty surprised to see Toronto get Bernier. Im obviously not a Leaf fan, so wasn't Reimer a stud in net for you last year? I think it's an upgrade from a backup standpoint but why give up what you lost for a backup that might play more than the normal backup goalie? Plus, I understand that Kings management needs to make the deal that's best for them but I read somewhere part of the reason for getting rid of Bernier was something along the lines of "They owed it to him to try and get him to start somewhere" and IMO this really isn't that great opportunity from my perspective at least since Reimer is there? As a Flyer fan too, I kinda wanted to see them get Bernier just to see what they did with Bryz since im torn on that front and a Mason/Bernier goalie battle would have been interesting to say the least.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

Im pretty surprised to see Toronto get Bernier. Im obviously not a Leaf fan, so wasn't Reimer a stud in net for you last year? I think it's an upgrade from a backup standpoint but why give up what you lost for a backup that might play more than the normal backup goalie? Plus, I understand that Kings management needs to make the deal that's best for them but I read somewhere part of the reason for getting rid of Bernier was something along the lines of "They owed it to him to try and get him to start somewhere" and IMO this really isn't that great opportunity from my perspective at least since Reimer is there? As a Flyer fan too, I kinda wanted to see them get Bernier just to see what they did with Bryz since im torn on that front and a Mason/Bernier goalie battle would have been interesting to say the least.

in the end, i think DL liked Frattin better than Read (or at least as much) and got his back up, a 2nd round pick and $500K cap space to boot.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I think a 3 for at this point is a little steep of a price to pay. Is Leaf management's problem with Reimer? Do they not trust him?, or do they really want to solidify the back-up position?

I don't see a need for this trade as Bernier has not been given the opportunity to show that he is any better than Scrivens at this point.

I just don't get it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast