Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinions of ITG

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habscards's Items on eBay

I dont mean to hijack or anything- can someone tell me if there are more pros or cons to buying ITG ultimate collection box to bust for profit/PC? JW thanks

I think that if anyone is ever buying boxes or cases of cards to make a profit on you can find much better things to invest in.

I am a massive fan of ITG and they are the top company in my mind without a doubt. People complain about a lack of license but if you look through the checklists of Ultimate and Superlative it has just about all of the star NHL players of today and past days. It also has the potential future star players.

Also some cards from ITG do go up in price over time. Check out what Sidney Crosby Heroes and Prospects jerseys sell for. Way more than what any of his current non short printed jerseys sell for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ITG produce for sure the most interesting sets and deliver stuff that collectors want and ask for some of my best pc cards are itg without them it would be boring. And u dont collect ITG cards for rookie players really, nothing iwould bother with anyway, their vintage selection is the best there is cant compete with that, design might not be the best but they make up for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see how anybody can collect a company and expect them to be more popular or valuable in the future. Upper Deck almost went bankrupt and they make great cards. If they would have gone under you would have a drop in some of their stuff even though nothing really changed about the card itself.

I think the thing that holds ITG back (and the same for Press Pass) is because they don't have a major license so people don't bother with them. That takes away some of the resale value for the cards because the slice of collectors buying on a place like eBay would be smaller but it isn't because of a lack of quality or because the cards aren't "good".
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What type of things does ITG give out in exchange for the redemption cards? It seems as though I'll have a complete set of everything I'm looking for in Heros and Prospects long before I have enough redemption cards to trade em in.

See here and here for the ongoing HSHS Redemption Programs that are currently active with ITG.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm happy to see the nicely worded responses in this thread, and to see that it hasn't devolved into yet another pro-ITG vs. anti-ITG squabble.

Great points made by several posters. Choose what you like, regardless of the manufacturer. I have some ITG pieces in my PC, and I believe they produce some of the nicest memorabilia sets available. There are often complaints about the sameness of their design, but the same could be said for other manufacturers. And nobody has done a better job of what I'd call "focused" sets like Motown Madness or the 80s Decades set.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

No Cards are expected to increase in value unless you have perfect Howie Morenz, Ace Bailey, Howe and other from the 30's and 50's.

If you like the cards, collect them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123