Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

A Question For Progressives

The Federal Government has proven to be corrupt, incompetent, and wasteful across multiple administrations. Support for the Federal Government is at historic lows. Since this administration was supposed to the Progressive dream but has found itself awash in scandal after scandal and has supported Federal law breaking that has soiled our Constitution, what is the argument for continuing to centralize so much power and money in Washington D.C. rather than returning power to the states?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Here, here!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I think the actual statement "The United States" of America, needs to be re-examined.

You have 2 States that have established legality regarding marijuana possession, yet you have the Federal Power with a criminal stance.

This alone should allow for an instant re-examination of what is the definition of this country. Is it a conglomerate nation of States all in agreement with each other for progressive coexistence, or is it a country based solely on Federal Power.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't know why you guys don't just break into 50 countries...oh wait, ye$ I do...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

I think the actual statement "The United States" of America, needs to be re-examined.

You have 2 States that have established legality regarding marijuana possession, yet you have the Federal Power with a criminal stance.

This alone should allow for an instant re-examination of what is the definition of this country. Is it a conglomerate nation of States all in agreement with each other for progressive coexistence, or is it a country based solely on Federal Power.

According to the Constitution, any power that is not explicitly given to the Federal Government shall remain with individuals and the States. Of course, this has been disregarded for a long time and the Federal Government often coerces cooperation from the states by threatening to withhold money for education, infrastructure projects, etc unless the states toe the line.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The only REAL "scandal" is the NSA program nonsense.

The BUFFOONS that are the Tea Party tried to make an issue over a NON-issue with the IRS in which the White House had nothing to do with.

ANYWAYS....I said this all last year, BOTH parties are corrupt, BOTH parties are terrible, that's why I'm an independent.

The Democrats and yes even Obama just happen to be the LESSER of two evils.

The GOP is an utter joke, and they would NEVER be a real political party in any other 1st world country.

That just proves how much the U.S has descended in terms of politics.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 06-23-2013 at 05:25 PM.

BANNED

Country

You need fully staffed additional National Political parties.

People crow about the corruption of both Republican and Democratic parties, yet they will not put in the hard yards to establish solid, 3rd and 4th choice political parties.

The hypocrisy is rife. Shout from the mountain tops about how unfair everything is, yet go to the ballot box and choose the best wrong answer based only on 2 overall choices?

Sound pretty undemocratic to me.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

The only REAL "scandal" is the NSA program nonsense.

The BUFFOONS that are the Tea Party tried to make an issue over a NON-issue with the IRS in which the White House had nothing to do with.

ANYWAYS....I said this all last year, BOTH parties are corrupt, BOTH parties are terrible, that's why I'm an independent.

The Democrats and yes even Obama just happen to be the LESSER of two evils.

The GOP is an utter joke, and they would NEVER be a real political party in any other 1st world country.

That just proves how much the U.S has descended in terms of politics.

Supporting the lesser of evils is still supporting evil. Like centrihice said, nothing will change until support is withdrawn from the current political parties.

As an aside, if you really still believe the IRS has done nothing wrong and it was a just a few rogue Cincinatti agents, you're either deceiving yourself or not paying attention.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's not that I "support" them, it's that I have no choice but to vote for one or the other.

This is the destructive false dichotomy that U.S politics have created.

If I didn't vote for Obama, it's the same as voting for Romney.

If I don't vote for a democrat, it's the same as voting for the GOP.

In other countries they have more than 2 major political parties.

BANNED

Country

This is why you live in a Republic, not a Democracy. If you lived in a true Democracy, you'd have 5 parties vying for control instead of 2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast