Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whatever happened to...

Hey guys and gals,
    I was just going through some stuff, came across a few ITG cards and noticed Angelo Esposito was touted as a future superstar. I did a little back checking and discovered that this guy got drafted 20th overall by Pittsburgh, but NEVER played in the NHL! What happened to this kid? Anybody know? I'm genuinely curious. I mean, to go from an organisation as smart as The Pens drafting you in the first round because they obviously see something in you to never even getting a cup of coffee with the bigs, something MUST have happened. Anyone?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

At one point in his draft year he was touted to go first overall. He started off as an offensive dynamo but his production just kept falling, even on a high-powered Quebec Remparts team coached by Patrick Roy. He also had a couple of knee injuries along the way, and that further hampered his development. He's now playing in the Italian league.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I asked myself the same question last year and did some research on him. I was surprised by how much attention he had gotten in Beckett Hockey magazines and decided to check out his player profile, and sure enough he had never played in the NHL. He even failed in the Finnish elite league, which isn't exactly a bad league, but for a player drafted 20th overall in the NHL, you'd expect more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even if he was a dud at the 20 spot for the Pens ..... he eventually did turn into one of the key pieces to the Marian Hossa deal if I remember correctly. I believe it was him and Colby Armstrong
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even if he was a dud at the 20 spot for the Pens ..... he eventually did turn into one of the key pieces to the Marian Hossa deal if I remember correctly. I believe it was him and Colby Armstrong

For Hossa and the surprisingly better part of the deal, Pascal Dupuis.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

There are a lot of bagholders out there that paid gobs, and gobs of money for his worthless cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man, what a bunch of suckers. Now, this Patrik Stefan guy I invested in, let me see how he's doing. Smithers, get me the ticker tape read out. I haven't had a look at it since the 1999-2000 season. Hmmm.... yes, nice, very nice and... oh, no....

There are a lot of bagholders out there that paid gobs, and gobs of money for his worthless cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man, what a bunch of suckers. Now, this Patrik Stefan guy I invested in, let me see how he's doing. Smithers, get me the ticker tape read out. I haven't had a look at it since the 1999-2000 season. Hmmm.... yes, nice, very nice and... oh, no....

You should check the values of that goalie the islanders picked 1st overall, how could that possibly backfire...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is another example of the risk of investing in rookie cards.