Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Induction 2013 - Hockey Hall of Fame

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

yikes, pretty weak class. Guess you can't have flashy guys every year.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

It's a shame Hockey is not about truth. It's a shame that Hockey is about flash. There is already too much flash in the HHOF. It would be nicer to see more deserving players get a shot that actually did something.

Players like Housley, who is pretty much the guy that is first in everything he did. I guess he has to sit for an extra 6-7 years in the penalty box because he played in places like Buffalo and Winnipeg.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I would take those 3 dudes on my team any day, especially Chelly and Shanny, skilled, productive, gritty, durable...if Shanahan is considered a power forward, as opposed to flash and dash, would he not be one of, if not the best with 650 goals, almost 700 assists, and near 2500 pim...usually a player like that gets injured and has a shorter career. Weird, somehow he managed to do all this without a ton of fan fair??!! Part of that I suppose was due to his celebrated peers, Gretzky, Yzerman, Sakic, Messier etc etc...

I agree about Housley, mad skills, could turn in a phone booth and fire a perfect outlet pass to Selanne in full flight...incredible passer. Imagine if he played for the Oiler's!!

BANNED

Country

Shanny deserves to be in the Hall before Sundin and Gilmore, easily, and long before Niedermayer.

Anyone in my book that played for less than 17 years and accumulated at least 500 Goals or 1,100 points deserves to be in the Hall of Fame immediately.

This arse kissing that takes place with players that have no points accumulated is nonsense. It's a contribution to Hockey, not a contribution to Hollywood or the fans.

This is why Vinny Damphousse and Phil Housley both richly deserve to be there, because they TOILED, and made the game better for everyone, and did it fairly.
    Last edited by centrehice; 10-30-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think Shanny had his new job working against him last year.

There were four guys that got in last season, which was Shanahan's first year of eligibility: Oates, Sundin, Sakic, and Bure. I don't want to debate the merits of any of those guys - but for my money..... Shanahan is a more deserving HOFer than three of those guys (Sakic being the other).

I firmly believe that he was kept out becuase he was now a VP at the NHL. Nobody (and likly Shanahan most of all) wants to hear accusations of preferential treatment.

It's the same reason why Kevin Lowe has never had his numbered retired by the Oilers. While 'HOF' is a fair requirment, I think being the team's career leader in GP (both Regular Season & Playoffs) winning 5 Stanley Cups, and being a 7-time all star....... that's enough (in my books) for a team to retire your number. I also can't see him (Lowe) letting it happen while he works as a VP for the team.

Back to the main topic - this year's class?? I think all three (Chelios, Neidermayer, Shannahan) are deserving choices. Great players for a lot of years. All of them were winners. Only thing I question is why only the four of them?? Evntually guys like Andreychuk (640 goals), Rob Blake (almost as good as Neidermayer), and Housley (already mentioned) are going to get in - so I'm not sure why the selection comitee doesn't just put 4 per year in, as long as four candidates deserving are still out there. This "making them wait" thing is silly.

Shanny deserves to be in the Hall before Sundin and Gilmore, easily, and long before Niedermayer.

Anyone in my book that played for less than 17 years and accumulated at least 500 Goals or 1,100 points deserves to be in the Hall of Fame immediately.

This arse kissing that takes place with players that have no points accumulated is nonsense. It's a contribution to Hockey, not a contribution to Hollywood or the fans.

This is why Vinny Damphousse and Phil Housley both richly deserve to be there, because they TOILED, and made the game better for everyone, and did it fairly.

BANNED

Country

Kevin Lowe does not deserve to be in the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame, let alone the HHOF. The guy was terrible. He and Charlie Huddy were turnstiles. They knew that the Oilers would score 7 to the 6 they had already let get past them.

Grant Fuhr owes Huddy and Lowe a lifetime of stomps to the Jewels for the non-support that those 2 Pylons gave him. Pathetic D-men

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kevin Lowe does not deserve to be in the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame, let alone the HHOF. The guy was terrible. He and Charlie Huddy were turnstiles. They knew that the Oilers would score 7 to the 6 they had already let get past them.

Grant Fuhr owes Huddy and Lowe a lifetime of stomps to the Jewels for the non-support that those 2 Pylons gave him. Pathetic D-men

Your off your rocker, Lowe won 5 Cups and was a solid stay at home Defender for 19 NHL seasons!!!!!

BANNED

Country

Useless. He's a poor man's Jim Kyte. Lol.
    Last edited by centrehice; 10-30-2013 at 08:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Useless. He's a poor man's Jim Kyte. Lol.

oh well, you must be mellowing out, figured I would send you over the edge with that one lol...at least Kyte was one of the very few to get the measure of Dave Brown, unfortunately he is remembered more for the fights he lost...