Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Customs & Cuts! Nobody makes the players you want? Find someone else to do it!

Thrilled to be posting this show & tell.

As I have mentioned in lots of posts before, one thing I have been collecting for a long time now, is autographs of the Edmonton Oilers. Not just current players, HOFers, or even anyone with a certified autograph - I've been trying to get a signature of everyone who has ever played for the team. For players that made their debut in the last 10 (or so) years, it's pretty easy. Most guys end up with a couple of autographed cards (at least) as NHL rookies. For the few that don't, and certainly many through the 80s and 90s, that leaves IP & TTM autos as the only way to do it.

Well, IP & TTM don't work so well for players who only had a couple of games in the NHL. Often the only thing you can find available, are autographed index cards. Why? Because these guys were never on any hockey cards they could sign.

Over the years, I have filled in the holes in my collection by getting index cards when I could. I've finally started to do something with them, something that makes them much more appealing. Cut signature cards. Here's the results:

I've toyed with the idea of doing this kind of work myself, but to be quite honest - I suck at it. I can't put together anything that looks good. After seeing a few posts about custom work from DnJcards, I sent him (Jon) a PM, and inquired about what he could do. These scans do not do the cards justice. Absolute beauties in person, and I now have autographed hockey cards of Stu Kulak, Risto Jalo, Don Cutts, Gord Sherven, and Ron Carter in my collection :)

But I'm not finished there! Not only did I have some index cards I wanted turned into cut signatures, but I also wanted some customs made, to try my luck at TTM. Again, these are guys that don't have cards made, so now I've got something I can drop in the mail. Will I have any luck doing it? I don't know, but certainly worth a shot. Like the cut signatures, these turned out fantastic:

Love the work.

Jon was great to work with. Lots of back & forth, making sure I was happy with how things were looking. Best way I can illustrate how happy I was with the whole process: In the next little while, I'll be asking for another batch of cards to be made!

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

It was an absolute pleasure to help you with this project! Happy that you like how they came out as well, thats whats important :) Look forward to doing another batch in the future

Jon

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Just amazing stuff guys. Love the look of the custom's and the cuts.

Congrats and keep us up to date