Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I'm the senior accountant at a Real Estate company. I have been with the company for 12 years. We have an associated property management company and a mortgage brokerage as well. The pay is decent. No medical benefits (although I do not need any because my wife's job provides us with all the additional coverage required of a Canadian). The perks are very good. I get one free "real estate transaction" per year that I can use myself or pass on to an immediate family member. In practical terms that means I received a $6-7k reduction in the purchase price of my last house. I have also bought and sold my parents last home commission free. Companies are owned by two partners that are both very good people and employers. We have social events throughout the year where the owners show their appreciation for the staff and all of our agents. I have no plans to work anywhere else. The managing partner is 10 years my senior and I hope to retire when she does, which I do not expect for another 10-15 years. I use public transit to commute and it takes 30 minutes each way. Very relaxing trips both ways where I get an opportunity to read.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

In the process of switching to another DSP position with another company as of yesterday. Nothing like a bunch of backbiting women trying to stab you in the back over trivial nonsense while the boss just goes along with it uncritically. I probably should have stayed a float there; several people had warned me about transferring to the house that I did. Oh well. Two other companies are hiring, and I applied to both yesterday.

tjmcb73, I lol'ed at that last story with the little girl.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

I'm a Presentation Manager for the best and largest Pet Food & Supply Retailer in the US & Canada. I've been there 13 years this year and definitely will be there until I can't physically work LOL...

What I like= My job is ever changing. Working in the pet industry, even if I go into work and I am in a bad mood just seeing that one overly excited dog that comes up and lick you to death makes it worth it!

Dislikes= As someone already mentioned, some people out there in the world just are bot pleasant, at all. They think they are entitled to anything and everything becasue the feel they are right, when they are not. Makes for very pleasant conversations in front of everyone in the store.

Other than that dislike the fact that in retail I do miss a lot of family events and things with my kids.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See twisty71's Items on eBay

I am a Regional Service Manager for a Satellite Communication Company. We solely provide phone/internet/intercoms/cameras/cell boosters to Natural Gas/Oil drilling rigs & completion sites. No residential or business.

It's a fast paced job. I was a tech for 3&1/2 years before being offered my current position. I actually took a little pay cut but I am not in the field 1/4 as much. Techs are on call 24/7 and I dispatch except for Sat/Sun. My if you want to call it days off. Sundays I have a report due so that evening I am filling that out. I don't have to much to gripe about. I like the job for the most part. At times we get slammed and the lack of sleep will drive you banana's and I feel like smashing my phone to pieces. The rig bosses for the most part are really cool but when you pay $6k-10k a month for our phone bill you expect service as I would to. But some of them are as dumb as a box of rocks and I have no clue how the landed a job paying $1500 a day My other big gripe is having a great crew. I took over in January with billing 3/4 of a million dollars behind & short handed. We are now the best in billing out of all the regions in my company and I am building a good crew. Still need 2 more but that has proven to be a tough job. Finding guys who want to work and are ok with the busy days has been a task. Even though they are making $2500-$4000 every 2 weeks/iphone/computer/company truck & gas card for personal use & they seem not to stay & think they can do better. Our job is cake once you learn it. That is all I guess
    Last edited by twisty71; 08-04-2013 at 04:23 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

I am a delivery driver / warehouse for a medical supplies company. We deliver products to home health stores in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.

My Likes: I for the most part like the people I work with. I work Monday through Friday and for the most part 7am - 5pm. So no weekends or evenings when I have stuff planned with my family. My boss usually tries to get me out on time when I have a Dayton Flyers basketball game (season tickets) or an autograph signing I want to go to.

My Gripes: Other than the few positive things I said above - I swear my boss is bipolar because one day he will be cool and talking with you and laid back and the next day he'll be sarcastic, condescending, and just a complete butt. The pay could be better even though I did just get a raise because I had a job offer from another company and they raised me to keep me. I have a small back problem so when I'm in the warehouse every day all day it kind of gets to me but if I can get out on the truck for at least half of the day I'm good.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    My traders on Flickr

Being that im only 18, I am currently a server at a restaurant and worked my way up from busser. Ive been there a little more than a year and a half.

Likes: I love the people that I work with. Almost everyone is also in college so there's no big age difference other than a few women who work there. I feel like that's partly why everyone gets along so well. I sometimes like my bosses but there's one in particular who I get along really well with while the other two I feel are almost like normal bosses. I love the fact that the money I make is for the most part cash and I don't have to wait for money to be deposited into my account. Talking to people can fall into the "Like" category since you can get people who are talkative and nice but you also get the opposite kid of people.

Dislikes: Corporate and people. I swear corporate tries to make the worker's lives worse. Then there's people, far too often do people come into the restaurant with a poor attitude and just feel the need to take it out on their server. Weather it be through a poor tip (no matter how good the server is, I understand and agree the server needs to earn a good tip) or they feel the need to complain about their food or ANYTHING even it's its how they ordered or you know it's perfectly fine while demanding to have it taken off their bill. I have tons of stories about this but I wont go into specific stories.
    Last edited by CJ1510; 08-05-2013 at 04:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12