Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looking for help on the early 90s garbage sets and their ultra rare inserts.

I'm talking about things like the Stanley Cup Holograms. I also heard about some super rare autos contained in these otherwise terrible sets. I have a plethora of unopened boxes that I've been trying to decide what to do with... UD, Score, Opee Chee, Pro Set... And I am considering breaking them all for fun and to chase those ridiculously uncommon inserts. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone got a list?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I don't have a list, but given how many people are in a similar situation to you (setting on a plethora of unopened boxes) they probably arent all that rare after all and you are better off donating.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm talking about things like the Stanley Cup Holograms. I also heard about some super rare autos contained in these otherwise terrible sets. I have a plethora of unopened boxes that I've been trying to decide what to do with... UD, Score, Opee Chee, Pro Set... And I am considering breaking them all for fun and to chase those ridiculously uncommon inserts. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone got a list?

Check out the SCF Inventory for a more complete list. But here's some highlights of what you can get in terms of autographs:

Score:
    1991-92 Score Bobby Orr #AU Bobby Orr
    1992-93 Score Canadian #548 Maurice Richard CAN
    1992-93 Score Canadian #549 Maurice Richard CAN
    1992-93 Score Canadian Olympians #AU1 Maurice Richard
    1992-93 Score Canadian Olympians #AU2 Maurice Richard

Pro Set:
    1991-92 Pro Set #AU125 Patrick Roy
    1991-92 Pro Set #AU501 Kirk McLean
    1991-92 Pro Set #AU599 Patrick Roy LL
    1991-92 Pro Set French #AU125 Patrick Roy
    1991-92 Pro Set French #AU501 Kirk McLean
    1991-92 Pro Set French #AU599 Patrick Roy LL
    1992-93 Pro Set #AU239 Kirk McLean

There's also the Cup and 75th Anniversary logo holograms out there from Pro Set.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

I imagine the odds are absolutely terrible for those cards....

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Autographs in 91-92 upper deck as well, and i think 92-93. Gretzky, howe, hull.... And pretty sure there is a triple signed Gretzky / hull / lemuix too.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The Orr Auto and Roy Auto odds I heard were 1:1,400 Cases, not boxes,......... Cases. They did make about 12,000 cases of both mind you. Still, you will never pull one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

The Orr Auto and Roy Auto odds I heard were 1:1,400 Cases, not boxes,......... Cases. They did make about 12,000 cases of both mind you. Still, you will never pull one.

they probably made closer to 120,000 cases lol... and I guarantee half of the autos are still in a pack somewhere, and half of the ones that got pulled were by kids who don't know what they have. just crazy odds to beat

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

i would say 120,000 cases sounds about right, thats why they got to the point where this seems like a better option than storing them... orrrrr maybe the new box cover if they make a retro set for the "hottest cards on ice" lol

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The Odds for the Orr or Roy Autograph in 91-92 Score & ProSet, are more than 1:4,000 Cases, not Boxes, not Packs, ........ Cases. There were more than 1,000,000,000 cases of both product made however.

The cards are good for 2 things:

Card Fires
    Card Fights

See the above photo for simple instructions.
    Last edited by centrehice; 09-13-2013 at 08:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Scratch the itch by opening every single box. There are lots of people in your situation so it would be hard to offload those boxes for much.

After you're done have a bonfire with the commons :) If everyone had an early 90s Bonfire then maybe juuuust maybe some of these cards will become rare :P
    Master List: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast