Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those early 90's boxes are good for a few things; 1. Cracking them open and LOL'ing hard at what used to be "popular" (Read: "Valuable"), 2. Sending through the mail for auto's (Seriously, you NEVER care if they don't come back and if they do, you're excited!), 3. Just good way to clear space out of your house/apartment/yert/whatever.

If I were you, I'd crack everything since those boxes are as close to worthless as you can get. Seriously, If you put 20 boxes of 1991-92 Pro-set on a table at a show with a sign that said "Free", you could come back at the end of the day and have 30 boxes there ("Oh, hey... this must be where I dump my pro-set stuff for free. Nice."). I was working a card/comic shop back in the early 90's when that stuff was new. Trust me, people are not exaggerating when they say that over a million cases were produced. Tomorrow, you could buy every single case of Pro-Set that is for sale and the stuff would still be worthless. Why? Because there are millions of singles in peoples collections.

BTW, just a heads-up; the reason the Pro-Set Stanley Cup holo's still go for $50 - $75 is because they actually are VERY tough to pull. There may be 1,000 of them printed in total, but spread through out a million cases? *Oi* Also, don't get too excited by the Maurice Richard auto's. For whatever reason, he signed a whack of them on the back of the card. Why? I dunno. Maybe he thought, "What a nice picture. Wouldn't want to ruin it with my autograph".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If these inserts are so rare, wouldn't it be easier (cheaper) to simply buy one of the market rather than spend money, time and effort on all those boxes?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

All authentic 92-93 Maurie Richard Score Autos are signed on the back of the card in the designated signature spot. Same goes for the 91-92 Bobby Orr Autos. Score did this by design so people on the secondary market knew they were packed pulled and authentic sigantures.

Any cards signed on the front are not pack pulled and are IP autos.

Those early 90's boxes are good for a few things; 1. Cracking them open and LOL'ing hard at what used to be "popular" (Read: "Valuable"), 2. Sending through the mail for auto's (Seriously, you NEVER care if they don't come back and if they do, you're excited!), 3. Just good way to clear space out of your house/apartment/yert/whatever.

If I were you, I'd crack everything since those boxes are as close to worthless as you can get. Seriously, If you put 20 boxes of 1991-92 Pro-set on a table at a show with a sign that said "Free", you could come back at the end of the day and have 30 boxes there ("Oh, hey... this must be where I dump my pro-set stuff for free. Nice."). I was working a card/comic shop back in the early 90's when that stuff was new. Trust me, people are not exaggerating when they say that over a million cases were produced. Tomorrow, you could buy every single case of Pro-Set that is for sale and the stuff would still be worthless. Why? Because there are millions of singles in peoples collections.

BTW, just a heads-up; the reason the Pro-Set Stanley Cup holo's still go for $50 - $75 is because they actually are VERY tough to pull. There may be 1,000 of them printed in total, but spread through out a million cases? *Oi* Also, don't get too excited by the Maurice Richard auto's. For whatever reason, he signed a whack of them on the back of the card. Why? I dunno. Maybe he thought, "What a nice picture. Wouldn't want to ruin it with my autograph".

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the reminder as to why they signed the back. It was one of those, "Great idea, poor execution" type of deals. Great idea to have an area for them to sign, TERRIBLE idea to have it on the back. Which is probably why no company has had anyone sign the back of the card ever since :-p

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Blargh's Items on eBay

I would love to have a bunch of those boxes. A chance to open packs for the sake of opening packs. No big investments or getting pissed off that you spent $100 for what could be had on eBay for $10. Just the joy of busting wax for wax sake.
    Hidden Content
    Home of the 1988-89 OPC Tribute Set

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12