Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

What Would You Do? Looking For Advice!

A few buddies and I, all grown men in our 30's, went to the National (NSCC) today. Normally we would spend no more than a 200 dollars at a show, however, one of my buddies decided to reach for his very first box of exquisite basketball, regardless of me trying to talk him out of it. I thought it would be just another shank, though a much more expensive shank. Shank being term we use often as most of the packs and boxes of cards we purchase never seem to reward. He purchased the box from Dacardworld for around $400. Their employee gave him a pretty decent break because he bought, in his opinion, some less expensive shank boxes from them a couple days before. The Dacardworld employee asked my buddy if he wanted to take part in a video box break for their site, but he declined as he is somewhat of a shy guy. After a couple of hours, we left the convention and stopped for lunch at a nearby McDonalds, bringing inside with us all of our purchases from the day. We chose to eat and open cards simultaneously. A different buddy of mine purchased a box from another seller of SP Authentic Basketball, which he ripped through the entire 24 packs in about 10 minutes but didn't have any spectacular hits. I also opened a box of Fleer Retro but nothing to brag about at this point. Once we were finished, then my buddy with the exquisite purchase decided it was time to open his box. I have seen higher end box breaks on Youtube before so I thought it might be a good idea to record the break with my cell phone camera. Eleven minutes of hell is what came next, for me at least! None of us had ever purchased something that high end before, so everyone at the table had butterflies as he fumbled with the packaging and eventually the cards too. The packaging seemed somewhat odd and was certainly difficult for my buddy to pull out and view his cards. Already too long of story which I will shorten up, the cards came like this: Shadowbox Rick Barry, base David Thompson, Auto Nikola Vucivic, Tim Hardaway Black Patch Auto, then the HOLY GRAIL! Yup, a 1 of 1 booklet containing twelve signatures, referred to as the Exquisite Twelve, which was headlined by Jordan, Lebron, Magic, Erving, and 8 other HOF's. Extreme jealously, envy, and maybe even a little disgust were the emotions I was feeling as I tried to keep the camera steady to record and somewhat narrate a one in a lifetime pull. Finally, getting to the point of this post and my question. After I arrived home and uploaded the video to my pc, I noticed that this video I created did a remarkable job of inadvertently plugging Upper Deck (courtesy of a white bag throughout the video), Dacardworld (thanks to my narration), and the NSCC (thanks to my narration). So I finally ask, do I just post this video to Youtube for many to enjoy and hate? Or is there an opportunity here for me to reward myself? I feel as if the NSCC, Dacardworld, and Upper Deck could benefit from using this video on there sites for promotional purposes. Could I even get a free box of cards in exchange for my video, or more? Or nothing but a few hundred hits on youtube because I am still in shock of what I witnessed and may not be thinking clearly? I apologize in advance for my awful grammar, but any advice would be appreciated.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

Wow what a pull! I bet that card looks amazing in person. Would you mind sharing a scan of the card if you have one? What other HOF's signed the card? I'm not sure if you could get anything in return for the video unless you are a YouTube Partner. You could try contacting Upper Deck or Dacardworld to see if they would offer you anything. If you decide to contact Upper Deck or Dacardworld, then I would do so before posting the video on YouTube.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I doubt they would give you anything. Sweet break though.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

lmao. sorry but this is a complete joke to me. i mean are you serious? 1000s of breaks happen everyday with monster pulls and do you think they expect anything from the companies? you my friend come from a unique breed of individual and please learn how to use paragraphs. reading your op was an eye sore. thank you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

wonderful break, but personally I would quit while you are ahead, miles and miles ahead lol

There are many breaks posted, if you recorded it at a DA's booth, they may have had a "best pull of the show" contest (they do that monthly here in the actual stores in Buffalo), but other than that, I've never heard of them rewarding people for videos. Still though, KILLER card

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    First things first congrates to your friend on the pull. As for why give D&A the glory like another mentioned they get a lot of honors the same with UD. As for the giving you a free box like another said your dreaming they would only give ya a box if you were willing to trade it to them. As for me I'd keep the card for my PC it be a great center piece to tell the tale of attending a National & pulling the way ya did & as for the video place it on youtube.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country

Everyone has had good constructive advice for the most part, and I thank you. I have decided to put my greed aside and just post the video on YouTube. Its very cheesy so beware and be patient, as it was my first time making a video of any sort and my buddies first time opening a box of high end cards. I completely over-exaggerated my excitement on some of the first cards he pulled out of the box because I didnt want him to feel as if he got robbed on such an expensive box. The video is titled First Exquisite Box Break Doesn't Disappoint
    Last edited by CollectorClueless; 08-07-2013 at 07:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I just subscribed to your page. I will look at your video when I get home.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unless you got a lot of views on your Youtube video then I doubt they would really care much. It isn't anything against you or the card that was pulled because it is amazing but how many people searching on Youtube will look at it? Unless it goes viral for some reason even if every card collector viewed it then it would still be a fraction of anything significant in terms of popular Youtube videos.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Everyone has had good constructive advice for the most part, and I thank you. I have decided to put my greed aside and just post the video on YouTube. Its very cheesy so beware and be patient, as it was my first time making a video of any sort and my buddies first time opening a box of high end cards. I completely over-exaggerated my excitement on some of the first cards he pulled out of the box because I didnt want him to feel as if he got robbed on such an expensive box. The video on YouTube is titled First Exquisite Box Break Doesnt Disappoint

The thing about YouTube is you need to let folks know what coming so it can be found in the search engines. So make sure you create a better tile than what you initially posted, have as many as relevant tags that apply, and post it to share the major hits everywhere to gt tons of views.

The best thing about the video is you all got to share in his major hit. Better than pulling a killer card like this alone lol. Hopefully, you have more big hits in the future between the group.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast