Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post First look: 2014 Topps baseball cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/08/...aseball-cards/

Topps unveiled the design for 2014 Topps baseball cards on Thursday and it has a bit more modern feel to it.

Love it or hate it?
    Trade Page: Hidden Content
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

This is the first design I have liked in a longggg time based off of just the early reveal
    Supercollecting the Twins and Chris Herrmann
    Also collecting Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Check out my baseball blog at dugoutdiscussions.blogspot.com Hidden Content

I would have a better impression if the preview wasn't a "future star" edition. Would rather see a straight up "plain-jane" base card.

I see they're still using their "generic baseball card design generator". Just click a button and another average design pops out. At least it keeps them away from things like 1990 Topps or 1981 Donruss.

I have mixed feelings, I need to see it on a base card not a future star card, just like BigBaller said
    Super-collector of Luke Hochevar
    My Hochevar inventory: opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/cardlist/1/searchplayername/luke-hochevar/pli/18611/searchsportid/100
    My Hoch Stats: 297/719 41.3%(including 1/1s) 292/473 61.7%(excluding 1/1s)

I know it is a future star card and the base may look different but I really don't like it. Seems like a generic futuristic looking card in my opinion.
    Trade Page: Hidden Content
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Typical DULL Topps design. All the cards from the last bunch of years blend into each other, who can even remember what year a recent cards is, they are too similar and way too blah. How about a good design, how about a dark border, or no border. Geez, what a copout by Topps.
    ITS GREAT TO LOVE ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS!

Hidden Content

Now it is ok to me, that Wright patch would be a sick pull
    Super-collector of Luke Hochevar
    My Hochevar inventory: opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/cardlist/1/searchplayername/luke-hochevar/pli/18611/searchsportid/100
    My Hoch Stats: 297/719 41.3%(including 1/1s) 292/473 61.7%(excluding 1/1s)

I read the description of the 2014 set and inserts. Topps is definitely going overboard on the parallels!!! If I remember correctly, they've added a clear parallel for 2014.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast