Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post First look: 2014 Topps baseball cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/08/...aseball-cards/

Topps unveiled the design for 2014 Topps baseball cards on Thursday and it has a bit more modern feel to it.

Love it or hate it?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

This is the first design I have liked in a longggg time based off of just the early reveal
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Jason Tyner, Jim Thome, sets
    Wild, North Stars, Jason Zucker
    Hidden Content
    Offering a finders fee for the 2013 Prizm Finite Chris Herrmann 1/1!

I would have a better impression if the preview wasn't a "future star" edition. Would rather see a straight up "plain-jane" base card.

I see they're still using their "generic baseball card design generator". Just click a button and another average design pops out. At least it keeps them away from things like 1990 Topps or 1981 Donruss.

I have mixed feelings, I need to see it on a base card not a future star card, just like BigBaller said
    My main PC Players: LUKE HOCHEVAR AND LOGAN MORRISON
    My Have List for Luke Hochevar. Hidden Content
    Interested in older Royals also like: George Brett, Frank White, Bo Jackson, Brett Saberhagen

I know it is a future star card and the base may look different but I really don't like it. Seems like a generic futuristic looking card in my opinion.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Typical DULL Topps design. All the cards from the last bunch of years blend into each other, who can even remember what year a recent cards is, they are too similar and way too blah. How about a good design, how about a dark border, or no border. Geez, what a copout by Topps.
    ITS GREAT TO LOVE ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS!

Hidden Content

Now it is ok to me, that Wright patch would be a sick pull
    My main PC Players: LUKE HOCHEVAR AND LOGAN MORRISON
    My Have List for Luke Hochevar. Hidden Content
    Interested in older Royals also like: George Brett, Frank White, Bo Jackson, Brett Saberhagen

I read the description of the 2014 set and inserts. Topps is definitely going overboard on the parallels!!! If I remember correctly, they've added a clear parallel for 2014.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast