Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Are people from Hamburg known as Hamburgers.

Yes, same for Frankfurt. And Berliners are donuts.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (2119)
    Country
    See dpcampsportscards's Items on eBay

Why is it every time i go through the checkout at a store the person in front of me can't figure how to use the credit/debit card machine?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

People writing cheques in the express line. It would not be bad, but they don't start to get out their cheque books until the total is rang-up.

Have the bloody thing made out to Safeway, Walmart, Winco, Superstore or whomever before the total appears, then all you have to do is add the amount and save everyone behind you at least 5 more minutes of grief.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

The more I live, the more I observe people hardly ever seem to acknowledge any faults, failures, or shortcomings.

It's easy to say what you are good at, or what others are bad at, but the minute you point out a shortcoming or error to someone else, the person almost inevitably gets defensive, brags about talents and experiences, excuses or justifies anything done, and doesn't introspect further.

Humility and honest self-evaluation may be the rarest things seen in humanity.

BANNED

Country

It's the advent of the internet. The internet allows people to infinitely challenge others without recourse.

I always maintained back in 1996 when I first started using the internet that all computers should come with a large 20 ounce boxing glove loaded in the front like an airbag. As soon as you post something silly, you get slugged by a big fun bag that does not hurt you, but reminds you to stop being a knob.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Good point about the Internet. There is an immense difference in what is tolerated here vs. face-to-face interaction.

BANNED

Country

I see it with my Son. One day I needed to run money over to him following school (He is in Grade 8). I jump on my bicycle, as we live in a small town in Oregon 10,000 folks. It's about 6-7 blocks to the school.

I get there and he is with 6 girls, which made me do a double take. I pull up and they are all standing in a circle underneath an Oak tree, all within less than 3 feet of each other, and talking to each other via text, with nobody saying a word.

I pull up and ask them why they are so quiet, and find out that although they can touch each other, they are communicating via text. I gave my Son $20.00 and called them all Weridos and left. Lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Does my wife drive this bad when I'm not in the car.!!!!!!
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

BANNED

Country

Does my wife drive this bad when I'm not in the car.!!!!!!

She drives worse. With you in the car, she knows that she must be on her best driving behaviour, she already thinks that she is a good driver and cannot understand why you find fault with her driving.

You not being there, she resumes driving like an Asian person wearing a hat.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

She drives worse. With you in the car, she knows that she must be on her best driving behaviour, she already thinks that she is a good driver and cannot understand why you find fault with her driving.

You not being there, she resumes driving like an Asian person wearing a hat.

This, this is probably so true.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast