Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

what does everyone think the companies will put out each year

I know they have a license limit of 11 per company but this is my guess as to what most of the lineups will be:
    Upper Deck
    Series 1 - confirmed
    Series 2
    Black Diamond - confirmed
    Artifacts
    O-Pee-Chee - currently out
    Team Canada - confirmed
    Trilogy - currently out
    SP Authentic
    The Cup
    Ultimate

Panini
    Prizm - confirmed
    NHL Stickers - yes, i'm counting this because its more fun to do then half of the higher end products are to break
    Score - currently out
    Rookie Anthology
    Limited
    Certified
    Prime

ITG
    Decades The 90′s - confirmed
    Enforcers II - confirmed
    Heroes and Prospects
    Between The Pipes
    Draft Prospects
    Ultimate Memorabilia 13th edition

I'm up in the air with the whole SPGU and SPx because they beefed up SPGU last year and minimized SPx to an insert set in SPA boxes. I have a feeling that will repeat and be a 50/50 chance with Ice in products. Possibly with a 12 box case, 6 ice packs and 6 SPx packs.
    Last edited by miscs75; 08-13-2013 at 08:34 AM.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Team Canada set that UD is doing, I'm pretty sure, is a 12-13 release though.... not a 13-14.

That puts your list of UD products for the 13-14 season at 9.... and I would imagine all 9 of those will be made. Bet on SPGU to be added to that list, and something retro looking, focusing on retired players (think Parkhurst Champions).

Panini, I think I read somewhere, are NOT doing Certified this year. I think Prizim is supposed to be replacing it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

For Panini there will be no Certified this year. Contenders will also be a product Panini will put out a very good product IMO. Crown Royale will also be produced. Panini will also have Dominion. Titanium has a good chance at being produced. Elite does not. Pinnacle is also a possibility.

For UD I have no idea for their plans. I can tell you that the 10 products you have listed for them all will be produced (Artifacts is Confirmed). That leaves 1 open spot for SPX or SPGU. I think they might continue to put SPX packs in SPA because the only chase cards in SPX is the AUTO RC Jerseys IMO I like the idea. Unless UD has something up their sleeve then I would put money on SPGU being produced.

UPDATE: ICE Packs will go in Black Diamond it is confirmed by UD. Look at DA CARD WORLD Presell for 13-14 Black Diamond
    Last edited by theboxbreaker96; 08-13-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

I saw somewhere that UD Team Canada won't be out until October 29th now. That's pretty bad if it's supposed to be a 12/13 release.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Team Canada product is one that I wasn't sure about in terms of release since it comes out after the 13-14 items started getting released. Same goes with Prime but that's been announced as a 12-13 product since the beginning. UD should just bring back Ice. It was an awesome product every year it was produced and the rookies still held their value even with being a major release vs. an insert set.

As for Panini, I hope they continue certified. Prizm I have a feeling is on-par with Elite but 10 steps ahead. Unless they plan on continuing Rookie Anthology in 13-14 with all the sets from various un-produced products. I completely forgot about Contenders when making this list but that should probably get produced. I really hope they pass on Crown Royale unless they drop the price significantly. Outside of the Silhouettes, nothing with a great TV or SV comes out of that stuff for the average player. Its sad when a $120 box yields $10 in return but that's the business this is.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I saw somewhere that UD Team Canada won't be out until October 29th now. That's pretty bad if it's supposed to be a 12/13 release.

I hope you're wrong about that - I am pretty psyched to open up my box next week if it's still on schedule.

But that may have an unintended benefit down the road.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See breakawaysc's Items on eBay

In regards to the Team Canada set, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it will count as one of their 10 products. They're taking advantage of their Team Canada license which I think is separate from the NHLPA license. It has been pushed back to October. I can confirm that.

Here is what I know has been confirmed:

Upper Deck:

Trilogy
    OPC
    Artifacts
    Series 1
    Black Diamond
    SP Game Used
    Series 2
    SP Authentic

The Cup has not been confirmed but I think it's a guarantee. The remaining spot I assume will be SPx or Ultimate Collection. I'd like to see Ice come back but there are no plans for 13/14 Ice.

Panini:

Score
    Prizm
    Select
    Dominion
    Titanium

Certified and Limited are gone. The other products I assume will be Crown Royale, Rookie Anthology, Prime and National Treasures. Can't say for sure what the last one will be though.

Hope this helps.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In regards to the Team Canada set, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it will count as one of their 10 products. They're taking advantage of their Team Canada license which I think is separate from the NHLPA license. It has been pushed back to October. I can confirm that.

Here is what I know has been confirmed:

Upper Deck:

Trilogy
    OPC
    Artifacts
    Series 1
    Black Diamond
    SP Game Used
    Series 2
    SP Authentic

The Cup has not been confirmed but I think it's a guarantee. The remaining spot I assume will be SPx or Ultimate Collection. I'd like to see Ice come back but there are no plans for 13/14 Ice.

Panini:

Score
    Prizm
    Select
    Dominion
    Titanium

Certified and Limited are gone. The other products I assume will be Crown Royale, Rookie Anthology, Prime and National Treasures. Can't say for sure what the last one will be though.

Hope this helps.

I'm curious now that your brought up Select. Will it be similar to the 90s stuff with the protective film on top?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See breakawaysc's Items on eBay

Honestly I don't know. I was at a retailer summit in Montreal back in June and Panini said Certified was being replaced by Select. Release date around the end of October. That's all I know right now. Pre-orders for stores haven't started yet. Once they do I'll have more info.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

ITG has "Lord Stanley's Mug" coming out at somepoint in the next season too, I believe. I believe I have also read in one of Dr. Price's post that "In The Game Used" would be back this season, and I'm pretty sure they're doing an Origional 6 version of Superlative.

The Team Canada product is one that I wasn't sure about in terms of release since it comes out after the 13-14 items started getting released. Same goes with Prime but that's been announced as a 12-13 product since the beginning. UD should just bring back Ice. It was an awesome product every year it was produced and the rookies still held their value even with being a major release vs. an insert set.

The actual day it hit shelves, seems pretty meaningless to UD anymore. IMO - next time the license comes up for renewal... I hope the NHL / PA put an end to this.

I do no care when the "cut off" for a set is. If "current year" products need to be released by July, August, September, November - whatever, doesn't bother me.

What I would like to see though, is an end to mixing the years up, from release to release. For example: Once 13-14 hits the shelves, that's an end to 12-13. No exceptions. I would not hold UD to Panini's schedule, nor would I do it in reverese.... but I do not like the idea of 2-4 13-14 products being released by UD, before they can get the last of their 12-13s finished.

As for Ice, myself - I never liked it much. No interest in the set, and the boxes were WAY too risky for my preference. Having said that, it was one of their most unique sets. For that reason, I'm surprised it was scrapped. A lot of people liked it.... and by giving people something unique, it seemed (to me) to have more use that sets like SPGU, SPx, Black Diamond, or Trilogy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast