Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

Favorite card you own that is not of a PC Team or player.

Figured this would be a fun topic. I think most of us probably have a card or two in our collection that does not really fit in our PC. Whether it's a team or player you don't typically collect or maybe even a different sport altogether, something just drew you to a card you wanted to have in your collection.

My example is a baseball card. I am almost exclusively a Yankees collector with some vintage sprinkled in as well (I know this should probably be in the baseball card forum, but I feel there are more talkers in the hockey section, plus anyone can have a story/card for this).

I am a huge fan of baseball, and especially the history of baseball. There are so many momentous games and moments that really stand the test of time. One of my favorite baseball moments was game 6 of the 1986 world series between the Mets and Red Sox. I won't go into the history of the game but it is most famous for the Red Sox 10th inning melt down and the ground ball that goes through Buckner's legs to score the winning run.

I went to the national card show here in the states a few years ago and found an older box of Topps Triple Threads from 2007. It was at a decent price and decided to take a stab at it. The box value wise was underwhelming, however, I pulled this card out of my second pack:

I loved it from the beginning, and not only is awesome from a historical perspective; these players do not have a ton of GU/auto cards on their own which makes it even more special. It is not worth a lot (maybe $25?) but to me it's worth so much more. Again, if you want to understand the history of the game/card a little more you can read this wikipedia link that sums it up nicely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_World_Series#Game_6

Look forward to seeing what you all have in your collection that doesn't belong and yet you love!!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Donovan Bailey autograph from ITG Canadiana. I mean, technically it's a PC piece but I don't really dabble in much outside of hockey. But that's a really great piece of Canada's sports history and a phenomenal memory of that glorious 9.84 seconds in Atlanta.

OH AND I PAID FIVE DOLLARS FOR IT!!!!!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vegas Golden Knights
    See ccox2081's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Got this at a really good price wish it was a kings jersey
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Alex Tuch 493/839 58% 491/644 76% non 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

This would have to be mine. Bought it from China on release day for $10 + $3 sh (it arrived in 5 days)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gotta say, it has to be either one of these:

YouTube Video Editor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GHCHambone's Items on eBay

GILLIGAN!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Just ONE?

I have an entire collection of stuff just sitting in a box because it doesn't fit in to my room, space or theme-wise.......I wish I could bring myself to sell them, but I'm..........weak..........

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

AWESOME!!! You just brought back my grade 4-6 after-school memories weekdays at 4 PM!!! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bimola's Items on eBay

That would be this one:

Billy Bishop cut autograph - one of Canada's iconic WW1 heroes

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

A 1959-60 Parkhurst King Clancy AGM that's pretty beat. I've got $5-$10 offers on it, and I've considered them, but something about owning a card from those days makes me smile.
    I might take one of those offers one day, just has to be the right day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast