Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See beller20nba's Items on eBay

I guess they are thinking that since a lot of people liked the 14k gold pieces in gold standard, everyone will also like diamonds and emeralds in flawless and bump the price up times 5x.

If i want a diamond i'll go to a jewelry store, why would i want a Shane Battier card with a small diamond in it that has no connection to the player whatsoever?!

At 1250 a pack it should have a checklist like UD did with Alltime greats, no-one wants Battier, Issel, Cazzie Campie, Rick Fox, Bill Cartwright etc. etc. All these players are 4th or 5th best players on the teams they played for and have no business being in a 1250 a box product.

I would wish Panini would finally start stepping up in chasing elite players (Barkley, Ewing, Miller, KG, Melo, Rose, LeBron, Jordan, Duncan, Kemp, Marc Gasol, Rubio, Ginobili, Iverson, Webber etc.)

And yet again its all white designs just like NT, Signatures and every other highend Panini product.

Where are the times a highend product had nice patch-autos with great designs like Noble Nameplates, Number Pieces and Limited Logos.

Singles only for me! (just like with every other product this year )

SCF Rewards
    Country

More:

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

The checklist just keeps getting worse

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

One of owners of our locals asked me if wanted to buy any of the product and could not tell him no fast enough.

His distributor was telling him that he needed to pick up as many of these packs/boxes as he could because the Irving rookie cards and Davis would be selling for $10,000 to $15,000 each. That might be true but doubtful.

It has been written here several times, a high end product with zero chance for a Jordan or LeBron auto? Not for my dollar.

Yes, some of these cards are nice looking but for me putting a big piece of paper across the patch messes up the card, so I don't think they are all that great looking.

Also, looking at some the players pictures here, it is pretty scary of what you could pull. How many autos has Drexler, Thomas. Artis Gilmore, etc have out there! Super players in each right, but their autos are not in any way rare or hard to find.

To me this is just pushing the hobby, boxes that were $50 are now $100. Packs that were $100 are now $250 and you still get the same value if you are lucky as to when the price of the product was half of what you are paying now.

To those busting good luck but this collector will skip this product.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

I like how Panini carefully inserts those "flawless" base autos between the patch autos. Like you see the Floyd patch auto..the Nelson auto..then BOOM, A WHAMMY! Spud Webb BASE AUTOGRAPH. Then a Westphal patch auto and "The Admiral" patch auto..

Look, its no offense to these players, they were worth every dime to their respective teams when they played on an NBA basketball court but some of these guys in a $1,250 box just doesn't compute... Spud Webb? Wes Unseld? Antawn Jamison? Mark Eaton? Ralph Sampson? Fat Lever? Artis Gilmore? Jameer Nelson? Paul Westphal?

That's 9 names there, let's throw in Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant or Blake Griffin and that could possibly be a box of "Flawless". Oh wait a second, I forgot about the rookies! So, take away any player's name I listed above, well, maybe even two players and sub-in a Lavoy Allen or Lance Thomas or Darius Morris or Anthony Davis or Greg Stiemsma or Festus Ezeli or Tyler Zeller or Kyrie Irving or Ben Hansbrough or Arnett Moultrie or Orlando Johnson or Harrison Barnes or Tornike Shengelia or Bismack Biyombo or Terrence Ross or Kim English or Damian Lillard or Khris Middleton or Charles Jenkins or Ivan Johnson or Darius Miller etc. etc.

Just wow,..............wow...

SCF Rewards
    Country

You forgot Nolan 'not in the league anymore' smith... He'll be in there too. Can't wait to pull that card!

SCF Rewards
    Country

The checklist just keeps getting worse

That's what I thought. The checklist contains a lot of people who shouldn't be in a high end set let alone a $1250 per pack one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

You forgot Nolan 'not in the league anymore' smith... He'll be in there too. Can't wait to pull that card!

If Nolan Smith makes the checklist then Darius Johnson-Odom surely does. SmackMH (when did this suddenly become shaking? Was always smack, in my book)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

Thank goodness there are no Andrew Nicholson cards in this product. Staying well away now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

Don't really care who's in it the price is ridiculous. I'm not that hardcore of a collector. Sometimes though I wonder what we are really collecting. Memorabilia or brands? This isn't closer to the game, it's closer to Panini (or UD). Seems to me an autograph is an autograph. Jersey patch is still the same no matter what product you put it in. Sure there is an aesthetic side to it but how much are we really wanting to spend because one card "shines" and has the same auto and patch? Maybe it's just the high-end label that gives us the separation we need (happens in every market) and is taking us for a ride in the process.
    Last edited by cgb_orl; 09-20-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast