Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See auktions_welpe's Items on eBay

.... because there might not be another wave on the way if people start seeing how bad it is .....

not so sure about it, all RCs being /99 (1 per box) - at least that is what I read out of the preview - means a low(er) product printrun
    and maybe better overall value per tin... maybe

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

all /99? hmm, guess thats one way to up the value for the weak rookie crop

SCF Rewards
    Country

not so sure about it, all RCs being /99 (1 per box) - at least that is what I read out of the preview - means a low(er) product printrun
    and maybe better overall value per tin... maybe

Is a JT Brown Rookie Auto Patch /99 really worth that much more than a JT Brown Rookie Auto Patch /249 =P
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

in Upper Deck's eyes, probably lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

Strange seeing some of the negative comments from people who usually do not open tins or cases of The Cup (don't like don't buy it )
    Including ultimate hits will make Ultimate a tough set to complete or the subsets within Ultimate.
    Booklet shields do not do much for me but i sure hope to pull a monumental patch 1/1 of someone like say GRETZKY :)
    I think they will limit the rookies /99 to Schwartz , Krug , Baertschi , Kreider , Silfverberg and maybe one other.
    Card companies were put in a tough spot with the limiting of the rookies they could have in 2012/2013 products because of restrictions
    so they are doing the best they can.
    I look forward to its release actually.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Strange seeing some of the negative comments from people who usually do not open tins or cases of The Cup (don't like don't buy it )
    Including ultimate hits will make Ultimate a tough set to complete or the subsets within Ultimate.
    Booklet shields do not do much for me but i sure hope to pull a monumental patch 1/1 of someone like say GRETZKY :)
    I think they will limit the rookies /99 to Schwartz , Krug , Baertschi , Kreider , Silfverberg and maybe one other.
    Card companies were put in a tough spot with the limiting of the rookies they could have in 2012/2013 products because of restrictions
    so they are doing the best they can.
    I look forward to its release actually.

Hey Joel. Long time no talk...hope all is well with you. A couple of comments about the upcoming new Cup:

-all RC's will NOT be numbered to 99 (I agree with Joel)...the description of RC's with a print-run of 99 was to describe one of the "highlights" of the wax;

-every year I see the same debate about the Cup: the various nay-sayers (ie. many of them ITG/Panini fans) and many of whom, as Joel mentioned, wouldn't buy the Cup anyways...versus others who enjoy cracking high end wax like the Cup (some might say you're addicted Joel!) but every year by some strange miracle, the Cup somehow gets opened and many people who don't like paying big bucks for wax turn to ebay or the collecting Boards to chase their players/sets. The great thing about this hobby is the diversity in taste and willingness to spend and the various levels of dedication to collecting...it takes all kinds...so kudos to those who collect UD, ITG, Panini or any or all of them...do whatever you enjoy and think you can afford!

-every year someone talks about the Cup being short-printed...but every year it's the same number of base cards (100) and with usually one base card per pack and typically the same variety of inserts per pack...so the print run remains about the same and I doubt that will ever change since UD wants to recoup its funds and make a profit off its highest end wax. You'll be able to knock me over with a feather if this year's Cup comes out with a base card run less than 100... Oh and don't believe for a second any story about the Cup being limited and that's why prices for the "second wave" are higher...then the prices are raised yet again for the "third issue wave" then fourth then fifth etc. ...the real reason is the distributors holding back the wax and demanding more money for any cases after the initial release. Their plan is to limit the first release so demand builds up...then cash in on it with later releases by either charging more to the dealers or holding the dealers to ransom and requiring dealers to buy not only the Cup but also some lower end hard to sell wax at the same time. This happens with any popular wax...
    Last edited by netsinah; 09-23-2013 at 07:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See auktions_welpe's Items on eBay

-all RC's will NOT be numbered to 99 (I agree with Joel)...the description of RC's with a print-run of 99 was to describe one of the "highlights" of the wax;

The first-year autographs are a main draw of this luxury product, and it seems that 2012-13 Upper Deck The Cup is packed with rookies. Options include Autographed Rookie Patch Cards, which are numbered to 99, and fall one per box, and Gold Rainbow Patch parallels, numbered to the player's jersey number. There are also Dual Autographed Rookie Bookmarks, that feature signatures and patches from two rookie players, in the form of a booklet card.

We will see how it turns out. IF they decided to make them all /99, its a good move.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Knowing that the rookie crop is not so great, why didn't they decide to do a special HOF edition of The Cup this year? Missed a good opportunity, they did. Last time I bought Cup was for 10-11 because it was nicely balanced between a solid rookie crop and HOF players.

I think I'll pass unless they price it in the vicinity of Prime.
    For anyone thinking about buying into this especially if the price of a tin is the same as every year, save your money for some of the upcoming 13-14 products.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah its sick to see them holdback cases and wait until the first wave is sold out, then its 50$ or more to buy each tin its a joke really.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Did anyone realize that the Evolution is /99?
    Weren't those 1/1's last year? And weren't they better off remaining as 1/1's? I mean what's the use of scoring a multimedia device when what you want is sports memorabilia?

I'm at a loss for words. UD, I give to you the facepalm along with a healthy dose of vitamin WTH.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast