Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

When are people going to wise up and and just not buy this waste of money?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

When are people going to wise up and and just not buy this waste of money?

I would prefer The Cup over MVP and Victory.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would prefer The Cup over MVP and Victory.

I'd prefer a few dinners with my wife at fantastic restaurants over 5 pieces of cardboard with ink. Or making a mortgage payment over 15. I know hobbies cost money, I just draw the line at a different point I guess. I don't have a ton of disposable income.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You could dine out magnificently many times with your wife for the price of one box of this stuff. I agree with you.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

@centrehise, people who buy the Cup can pretty much do what ever they want. It's like my assistant coach who owns a new corvette, I want one but I am not buying one because it's not in my price range. People with money usually don't care much about what they spend it on. It's great! I work hard for my money, if I want the a case of the Cup, I'm buying it. If I buy a case of the Cup and can't feed my family then I'm an idiot lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

If I buy a case of the Cup and can't feed my family then I'm an idiot lol

I wish more people realized this.

It's what is killing the values of cards in our hobby.

Too many people who can't afford it buying products like the cup and then selling the cards for rock bottom prices because they need to get their money back before the mortgage/rent/car payment is due.

How else could you explain the fact that a Patrick Roy Auto/Patch /25 from the cup (5 cards in a pack for $450, $90 cost per card) sells for the same as a Patrick Roy Auto/Patch /25 from SPA (6$ a pack).

The normal laws of economics go straight out the window.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

@centrehise, people who buy the Cup can pretty much do what ever they want. It's like my assistant coach who owns a new corvette, I want one but I am not buying one because it's not in my price range. People with money usually don't care much about what they spend it on. It's great! I work hard for my money, if I want the a case of the Cup, I'm buying it. If I buy a case of the Cup and can't feed my family then I'm an idiot lol

I don't have a problem with how people spend their money, but I don't see any residual positive outcome with this product, solely based on the initial price per card, basic cost.
    People get far too bent out of shape defending this issue, when it's indefensible on a per cost basis.

Please don't confuse independent actions, embraced by all of us, with a commodity that is not worth it's retail price. If people want to buy 20 cases of this stuff, then have at it.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And have at it they will. It's not something I can do myself, but I sure have a ton of fun watching people breaking tins and cases galore of the stuff.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

There is a value to be placed on the experience of opening the product.

+100000000 on adamslogik comment!

$500 to one person is a lot of money, to another person its a drop in the bucket.

i know this has already been mentioned but i don't understand why some folks get so bent out of shape about how other people spend their money. I find this thread to be quite humorous.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Probably because they would like it to be costing less so they can afford to buy it. I know I bought two or three tin and then simply realize it was not worth it for me. The gamble is way to big for what you get. Of course if you hit the top rookie or one of those sick 1/1 then it's great. But if you buy a tin and get almost nothing, it can be a bad feeling. But buying a case will most certainly bring the case hit and some nice card that can make the investment worth it if you can afford it. I never sell cards, so definitely not a product for me but will still buy singles.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast