Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hertl's Cards Are Out of Control

Tomas Hertl, the rookie sensation of the NHL. Someone listed his autograph card from last year's Czech release, and here's how it ended.

$461.56 with 70 bids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERTL-Tomas-OFS-2011-12-RC-Signature-Rookie-Black-SIGN40-Autograph-92-99-/200971847879?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 ecadb08c7&nma=true&si=FMN%252BoWY%252B1FTN57Cpj4mf QFcRMJE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675 .l2557

To compare, others went for $15 and $16.69 a couple of weeks ago, before his major breakthrough.

Opinions, please. I can't be the only one who this that this is absolutely crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

WOW....

just....

WOW!!!!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I agree completely. It is insane.

Supply & Demand though.

Unless that card is incredibly limited (and there are some serious collectors of his) it's going to be a $15 card again in no time. The flood of autos he'll have in the next year (litterly, 1000s of signed cards) will make sure of that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A fool and their money..... Even looking at the Artifacts redemption RC's for San Jose, they're going for $50-60. The redeemed versions of Hall and Tavares from previous years go for around $15. What's funny is that I can almost guarantee that these exact same people were paying ridiculous money for Torey Krug rookies.

I do like the way both Krug and Hertl play, but I highly doubt that they will ever be MVP caliber players like they are selling for. Oh well, as long as people are happy, they can do whatever they please!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you have one in your hand, it's a good time to trade for cash. Strike while the iron is hot!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Paging Jeremy Lin! That is a high price to pay

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Paging Jeremy Lin! That is a high price to pay

This is because all release up to this date did not produce any cards. We know he will be in future release but manufacturer totally miss this guy in their early release. This explain why some want card of him and they want it now so they pay a high price.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HobbyInsider(13)
    Country
    See Hockeyplaya4life25's Items on eBay

I like the kid and knew about him from the start. I wasn't expecting for him to become a sensation though. However, with that being said, I may pick up some of his things when the prices go lower. With still chasing low #'ed Sateri, I'd rather put the money to complete this collection or put it towards other pc items than a new collection. It's crazy for sure, but we all know what happens when a player breaks out. As mentioned above.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

Hopefully the hype dies down and I don't have such a tough time grabbing his rookie cards. Luckily I found his artifacts redemption for about half of what they are selling on eBay but not sure I could continue getting so lucky

SCF Rewards
    Country

for that price, I rather have 4 gretzky autos.
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast