Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Much to do about nothing still 2.20 for me TO to LA

Seems if you have a regular relationship with a PO that is not Canada Post ( my is a small greeting card store with a post office ) you do not get asked a lot questions.
    Last edited by Gibby; 10-24-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: grammar

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been reading through this thread and I have a question...
    I see people talking about sending paper and them cracking down on it but what does that really mean? I normally get asked what's in my package while sending out, to which I always say sports cards and the price to USA has always been the same, around 2.20-2.50 depending on weight. I have not sent out in a while though.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (38)
    Country
    See furtova's Items on eBay

Can I get some current experiences on this issue. Shipping Canada to USA.
    I stopped shipping oversized US letter mail (ie. 2.95 + tax) at the beginning of 2014 because all of a sudden about 20-25% of my packages to the US were being returned to me for insufficient postage (just plain old #000 bubble mailers).
    It was really frustrating so I just switched everything I sent to Light Packet ($3.79 + tax) and I have never had a problem since.
    Now that prices for Light Packet went up Jan. 12th 2015 ($5.00) I was just wondering if i can go back to shipping using the oversized US letter mail? or is it too risky?
    Post Office says if there is plastic in the package, it must go Light Packet but just want to know what everyone else does. thanks.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Wants: YZERMAN; JAGR; Chronology Autos; older player autos (ex. Franchises, Park. Champions, etc);
    VEZINA WINNERS GU & Autos; TOEWS/KANE 2007-08 BAP Dual Auto.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I continue to do the same thing I've done for years....

Whatever the cost of sending a #000 bubble mailer in Canada is (right now I use a $1.80 stamp) I simply put 2 of those on the USA envelope, drop it in the mail, and nothing else. I have not had a single package come back ever.

Can I get some current experiences on this issue. Shipping Canada to USA.
    I stopped shipping oversized US letter mail (ie. 2.95 + tax) at the beginning of 2014 because all of a sudden about 20-25% of my packages to the US were being returned to me for insufficient postage (just plain old #000 bubble mailers).
    It was really frustrating so I just switched everything I sent to Light Packet ($3.79 + tax) and I have never had a problem since.
    Now that prices for Light Packet went up Jan. 12th 2015 ($5.00) I was just wondering if i can go back to shipping using the oversized US letter mail? or is it too risky?
    Post Office says if there is plastic in the package, it must go Light Packet but just want to know what everyone else does. thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

I've recently sent a few to US from canada with a single 1.80$ stamp and they made it (about 5 packages). That's a big gamble though lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I always put 3$ to USA and nothing ever came back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Work for CP, get the person to print out the 2.95 postage label. If it's a metered label with a date stamp on it, it's never going to come back to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Only one of the four employees at my local PO tell me that my packages COULD come back for insufficient postage when she questions me about what's inside. When I say just documents she will feel the package and say 'that doesn't feel like documents'. She gives me real attitude until I helped her identify a silver bell her father had on a ship during WWII. The others don't question me since they likely figure after shipping/receiving 2800 packages in 4 years that I likely know what I'm doing and aware of the risks.

Nothing has come back to me yet. Haha I even pulled a brain-fart and instead of going to the PO to put stamps on 5 packages I dropped them off in a box and only 1 of them came back to me. Got lucky there!
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

i have developed a relationship with the postal worker at a local drug store outlet. i get her to date stamp each envelope so they know its been approved at a postal outlet.
    havent had a problem since. as for contents i just say its pictures with a little piece of cardboard backing to protect it or sometimes i tell her its a gift card - now she doesnt ask anymore,she just puts it thru.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456