Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

People care when it affects them.And I hope nobody has to go through that kind of pain.
    I feel that there is a common ground we can take on lowering these horrible shootings, but no one is prepared to do it because each side feels that they will in fact be losing the argument.

Meanwhile shootings are so common nowadays that the general public has become desensitized by it.

There was a horrible shooting earlier this year in Nevada where a 12 year old kid killed his teacher shot 2 other kids and then turned the gun on himself.

Why doesn't this happen in the same frequency in other first world countries?

Why is this only in America?

Because we have a gun culture, we have mentally ill people that don't get help, and we don't have a universal background check to better prevent these horrible tragedies.

If America doesn't want to solve this issue, then I why should I care? Why should I care about any of these shootings when the leaders do nothing about it.

Maybe my view is a bit too much when I say "Have fun killing yourselves"....but it's due to my frustration and utter disgust with this issue.

Sometimes I do feel like living in a country like Japan where guns are banned, where I don't have to worry about a place getting shot up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now if this young man is deemed mentally fit and he is just a wanna be gangster or such will the bleeding hearts be asking for rehabilitation? Or will the death penalty come into play.I am sure his age will disturb some

It happened in Mass. They don't have a death penalty. I'm actually surprised they are trying him as an adult.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I can't believe this one has gone unmentioned. A 14 year old male student attacked a 24 year old female teacher in the bathroom, punched her and then slit her throat. http://www.today.com/news/friends-sl...ter-8C11456578

Oh wait, now I know why it isn't headline news. He didn't shoot her with an "assault rifle" so nobody cares.

Maybe there wasn't a thread about it because it isn't "politics" or "religion". At least with the threads started about gun crime, gun control is a political issue. How about these ones?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99K0KZ20131021

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/21/justic...-toddler-shot/

Nobody bothered to post about these either. Know why? It's a lost cause. When it comes to guns, Americans are insane. And yes, I am 100% in favour of BANNING GUNS.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Meanwhile shootings are so common nowadays that the general public has become desensitized by it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/

Gun-related homicides and crime are "strikingly" down from 20 years ago, despite the American public's belief that firearm crime is on the upswing, a new study said Wednesday.

Looking back 50 years, a Pew Research Center study found U.S. gun homicides rose in the 1960s, gained in the 1970s, peaked in the 1980s and the early 1990s, and then plunged and leveled out the past 20 years.

"Despite national attention to the issue of firearm violence, most Americans are unaware that gun crime is lower today than it was two decades ago," the researchers say.

The new study found U.S. firearm homicides peaked in 1993 at 7.0 deaths per 100,000 people. But by 2010, the rate was 49% lower, and firearm-related violence -- assaults, robberies, sex crimes -- was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993, the study found.

Those drops parallel an overall decline in violent non-fatal crime, with or without a gun, the study said.

In fact, gun-related homicide rates in the late 2000s were "equal to those not seen since the early 1960s," the study found.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Regardless of whether or not gun crime is down, the proliferation of cable news has resulted in almost nothing going unreported. This fact creates the perception that gun crime is rampant, and afterall, perception IS reality.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Really? Now every killing is going to be about gun control?

That's just unimaginative and sad.

Actually my point was that this killing was in a school, quite brutal and violent, yet mainstream media has largely ignored it. If this kid had shot the teacher instead of cutting her throat I can guarantee you that it would have been the top story on every news broadcast and there would have been a thread about it here so the resident gun haters could get on their soapbox.

It's been on the front page of CNN's website for about 6 hours now. Oh wait, that's right, you don't pay attention.

You missed my point. It isn't even the central focus of those websites. The story is a sidebar story. CNN even glossed it over by making their main piece about how loved she was.

Regardless of whether or not gun crime is down, the proliferation of cable news has resulted in almost nothing going unreported. This fact creates the perception that gun crime is rampant, and afterall, perception IS reality.

That was a big part of what I was reading in another article earlier. I don't have the link right now, but the author pointed out that school deaths are up from 23 per year in the 1990's to a current number of 41 per year (the current number includes suicides at school too, not just murders, although the article didn't clarify how many are suicides). While any killing in a school is a tragedy, an increase of 18 per year is not evidence of an epidemic of school violence.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Actually my point was that this killing was in a school, quite brutal and violent, yet mainstream media has largely ignored it. If this kid had shot the teacher instead of cutting her throat I can guarantee you that it would have been the top story on every news broadcast and there would have been a thread about it here so the resident gun haters could get on their soapbox.

But it's not, so we need a conservative on his soapbox, yeah, I get your point.

Every time there is a gun related story, it is usually the Pro gun side that turns it into a gun control discussion. One need look no further than another thread made today to see that. Now we have a knife murder and a conservative, pro gun person is turning THIS into a gun control argument. Classy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You missed my point. It isn't even the central focus of those websites. The story is a sidebar story. CNN even glossed it over by making their main piece about how loved she was.

I guess the top story, in bold, mentioning the box cutter is not enough for you? Are you gun fetishists just completely impervious to reality?
    Last edited by dxchamphhh; 10-25-2013 at 01:46 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Guess it is good for you your in Canada away from the insane Americans where you can be 100% against guns.At least your nights can be re™™™™ll
    Maybe there wasn't a thread about it because it isn't "politics" or "religion". At least with the threads started about gun crime, gun control is a political issue. How about these ones?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99K0KZ20131021

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/21/justic...-toddler-shot/

Nobody bothered to post about these either. Know why? It's a lost cause. When it comes to guns, Americans are insane. And yes, I am 100% in favour of BANNING GUNS.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

And yes, I am 100% in favour of BANNING GUNS.

all guns?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast