Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just an observation.

I look through the show and tell and the box pack breaks frequently. I especially like the show and tell. Is it me or does sites like this attract an unusual amount of the OCD crowd? Not meant as a bad thing but it is amazing how many collect every card of a certain player or try to get all of one limited cards. Makes for great viewing I must say.
    Looking for Kjell Dahlin and Joacim Eriksson of any type.

Hidden Content

I wouldn't call it OCD, I'd just consider it a niche in which the collector enjoys.

Hard to comment w/o offending those who pc only 1 player, or only players from a single team. Than again I am ocdish about Artifacts everything, so I won't judge, although I think collecting anything, including hockey cards can be very addictive, hence the "obsessive" component....
    Bucket: Hidden Content

LF: Star RC's, 12/13 Artifacts /125/85/15, Gretzky, Ovechkin, Bergeron.

I love it. It just amazes me how many there are.
    Looking for Kjell Dahlin and Joacim Eriksson of any type.

Hidden Content

I think collectors in general, including myself, have a lot of OCD. I may just be projecting, but I don't know if I've ever met a "serious" collector of anything who wasn't OC!
    LF this ITG Decades 1980's Autograph: AMM2 - Mark Messier CAN SP. Also need many Emblems and Numbers from ITG Decades 1980's and may need Quads, Golds or other low print runs from that set.
    PC includes Sakic, Vaive, Salming, Lafleur, Shutt and anyone named Stastny except Yan. Also buying Tokarski rookie year cards if priced right.

I LOVE trying to get all the Keslers. And I HATE trying to get all the Keslers. So the answer, for me at least, is yes. And no offense taken at all, Gallinator is right, we're all nuts :)

Totally agree with your LOVE/HATE statement. When looking at new checklists for Clark Gillies cards there's always equal disappointment/elation no matter if he has a card or not. It's always, "Well, good I don't have to search for anything in Artifacts this year....damn, no new Gillies cards to look forward to getting." The other day I was just thinking about whether or not I enjoy getting the cards themselves or just the process of making a list and checking it off once I get the card.

I definitely have a fair share of the OCD and I'm not offended at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 87sluggo View Post
    I LOVE trying to get all the Keslers. And I HATE trying to get all the Keslers. So the answer, for me at least, is yes. And no offense taken at all, Gallinator is right, we're all nuts :)

OCD is rampant. I don't see much contrasting behaviour that says otherwise.

Well glad that is settled...

Now WHERE is an Iglinla /15 or /9 Team Canada from last years Artifacts!!!!!!????????????

I might just fly in to the TO expo and shake everyone down until I find one!!!! With the cost of flight, hotel, food, the other 12 cards I may as well get "while I am here" plus a few auto/ photos, a jersey and....the Iggy should only cost me....at least 1k....Woop woop woop... :P
    Bucket: Hidden Content

LF: Star RC's, 12/13 Artifacts /125/85/15, Gretzky, Ovechkin, Bergeron.

You mean it's not normal to have 60 Cup rookies of a single player? Come on, that's crazy talk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast