Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UD Team Canada

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone that is busting lots of this in the Alberta region and doesn't want the base please PM me as I can't bust much if any as money is tight for me and would love any unwanted base as all international events are my favourite events and I love the look of Team Canada cards !

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I already opened a box of Team Canada and have to admit that I am very happy with it. Has anyone else opened it? What are your thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

So I already opened a box of Team Canada and have to admit that I am very happy with it. Has anyone else opened it? What are your thoughts?

I've been looking at the hits on a bunch of different boards and OH BOY there are so many players who I just have no idea who they are, which is due more to my "advanced" age and limited attention span than anything else I suppose. But still........I already own UD World of Sports sticker autos of a bunch of Team Canada players, I have the 1972 and 1976 Future Trends autos, I have a Mario Lemieux UD All-Time Greats Team Canada auto.

The base cards look kinda.....plain. Like something you'd find in a box of Post cereal or a bag of Sunkist oranges. The horizontal Clear Cut cards look wayyyyyyyyyy cool tho.

I dunno.....I assume there was a ton of this stuff produced, maybe if I have spare $$$ after Christmas I'll buy me some..........

EDIT: I want the Luongo cards
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 12-05-2013 at 09:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

[QUOTE=87sluggo;But still........I already own UD World of Sports sticker autos of a bunch of Team Canada players, I have the 1972 and 1976 Future Trends autos, I have a Mario Lemieux UD All-Time Greats Team Canada auto.

The base cards look kinda.....plain. Like something you'd find in a box of Post cereal or a bag of Sunkist oranges. The horizontal Clear Cut cards look wayyyyyyyyyy cool tho.

I dunno.....I assume there was a ton of this stuff produced, maybe if I have spare $$$ after Christmas I'll buy me some..........

EDIT: I want the Luongo cards[/QUOTE]
    This is my first Team Canada set so I think it is a great one to start with. Lots of cards I'll be chasing.

The base cards are like UDS1 base cards. Nice for a base card because there is so much picture and the background is not computer generated.

I was lucky to get a Jonathan Huberdeau Clear Cut...totally love it!

Think I am going to buy a lot of singles such as the sticker autos and the reds. If anyone has some that they want to let go for a good price and are looking for PayPal, let me know!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

I cracked a case and the base cards in person are anything but plain.

Thick card stock, clear crisp design and the use of photos from the World Juniors ( I am guessing ) on Patrick Roy and Wendel Clark, Mario with the Canada Cup make it like no card I ever got in a cereal box or loaf of bread.

Value ? Not really? The use of sticker autos and lack of any hard signed ( even the hard pull Signed Captain are stickered I believe ) really hurt the value. There are 2-3 Autos per box and with a list of 230+cards with Autos the chances of getting some real poor boxes are good.

IMHO this is one of my favourite sets to collect maybe because I have not figured out how far I want to go with this set yet ie/ Do the Reds set or the Auto set or Both ?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

the design for the base set is nice but overall I think UD kind of phoned this one in because they know people will buy anything team Canada.

The autos are all sticker, big negative, there should be at least a few rare hard signed versions.

The /100 and /10 parallels are lazy, just changing the color of the foil and stamping them, basically just a rehash of series 1 and 2.

The Program of excellence inserts are boring... Snooze

The special edition and special edition die cuts are nice, but lack a bit of color (red foil would have been awesome).

I like the Clear cuts, that I give them props on (also that they are to /99, not /2000 or something ridiculous).

Here is my main beef though, no memorabilia. I think there should be at least one set of jersey cards and patches. You are trying to showcase team Canada, so why not do it properly, with TEAM CANADA memorabilia. They put it in the cup and spgu for gods sake, how can you have a team canada set without mem cards IF YOU ARE PUTTING THEM IN OTHER PRODUCTS. Right off the hop the set has an incomplete feel to it.

Also, no multi player autos? Seriously.....Golden opportunity lost.

Finally, I think if you are going to release a product such as this that is insert/base driven, you need some more exciting inserts. How come there isn't a die cut insert that is maple leaf themed? How come no one thought to throw some shadowboxes in there?

Seriously, this product will be successful, but only because Canadian hockey fans have a soft spot for team canada. We can tell ourselves that we love the look of it, but in the end, that isn't the reason.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Seriously, this product will be successful, but only because Canadian hockey fans have a soft spot for team canada. We can tell ourselves that we love the look of it, but in the end, that isn't the reason.

Yup X 10.

I bought a box this morning because I was in between jobs and Derek's shop is 5 minutes away from the airport and he's chatty. We opened it up together (awwwwww) and I was pretty underwhelmed. Mostly guys from the World Juniors, maybe they won gold, maybe they didn't? Sticker autos as has been discussed, and some pretty boring design on both the base cards and inserts (Clear Cuts excepted, but I didn't get one of those)

There could have been subsets or insert sets for various tournaments - Summit Series, Canada Cup, Spengler Cup, World Cup - there could have been better player selection, there could have been a lot of things, especially given the time between the set's announcement and its eventual release, but Upper Deck chose to cheap out.

You can incorporate a sticker so that it becomes part of the card, but why go to THAT kind of bother..................

Anybody want a Thomas Hickey autograph?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cujo31ne's Items on eBay

My box had 4 nice hits, two autos, and a exlusive and a High Gloss, all 4 had serious damage including chipping on edges, bad corners, and surface dents.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A few people have commented that they are disappointed with this product; which is okay.
    Personally, I am on my second box and I am finding the product to be very positive.

I paid about $80/box and keeping in mind the price, I think the product is great!
    Yes there are a lot of sticker autos and no hard signed autos. But if the autos were hard signed, then the price would be way higher and/or there would be redemptions.
    I am pretty impressed that there are so many autos and NO redemptions.
    With regards to the quality of the players, there is a huge mix. But every player made the Canadian Team. You have to be pretty good at that stage in your life to make the team.

As for the look of the cards, I don't find them boring. The base cards have a clean look to them and the foil and team Canada logo by the player's team looks good. I think the clear cut cards are the best cards in the box. I think the program of excellence alumni signatures cards are sharp. There is a nice mix of design, foil, sticker auto, and numbering. The Special Edition cards have a die-cut version and yes...all they did was cut a little bit of card off of three sides; but for some reason I think it is cool.

I like collecting parallels that have a possible chance of getting them all, so the reds will be fun for me. I might be able to put a gold parallel sticker auto set together.

The gold parallels being numbered to 10 and the black signatures being numbered to 5; those are designed for the player collectors. Makes a harder chase for them and increases the value of a parallel/sticker auto card since they are so limited. The printing plates are also included for high end player collectors.

Having a SP card in each pack makes opening a pack more interesting because you wonder what the last card is going to be and you need to open at least 100 packs to get them all! Even more interesting than that is wondering what the second last card is going to be because that is where the non-base cards are; if there is a non-base card there.

I am having a great time opening this product and I will admit I am opening it slowly. (I bought a case on Tuesday and I am only halfway through my second box.) I have never bought a case before because of my budget. I am a collector who will be looking to buy and trade; not flip. For someone with my lower income, this is going to be a fun product and I can see myself collecting and trading for a number of years with this set. It is nice to have a set that is different (not an annual release) and I can somewhat afford.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just remember y'all who are complaining about sticker autos: if this was a hard-signed product we'd be waiting until after Sochi for it to be out.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast