Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

11-12 Dominion Strapping Lads no BV?

Recently won a 11-12 Dominion Strapping Lads dual Semin/Staal 7/7 off FeeBay and was thumbing through my price guide looking for a BV and these don't seem to be listed.

Am I missing them? Seller actually listed it as a 12-13 Dominion but I think that was an error and this is a 11-12 card.

Any help would be appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

Beckett does not put a value on anything with a print run of 25 or less. Sales can vary a lot with lower print run.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beckett does not put a value on anything with a print run of 25 or less. Sales can vary a lot with lower print run.

Thanks for clearing that up! Thought I was going crazy not seeing it. I've never had any card with less than 25 copies so never actually had to look one up before. But this is going to make it difficult to trade with no reference.

Can anyone put a general ballpark book value on this? Are we talking about a $50 card or a $100 card? Maybe in the middle?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What did you pay for it? That's the value of the card.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

What I do is look at the completed sales on ebay. There may not be any, but you can see what similiar strapping lads have sold for.that should give you a ballpark range of what they sell for

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

A Getzlaf/Fisher recently sold for $20

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...l&category=216

which I think is low for a card that limited but fairly accurately reflects the secondary market's general disdain for this type of card.

C&C has Semin/Staal 1/7 up for sale at $89.99 OBO but they are smoking the good stuff if they expect to get anywhere near that (plus they do a lot of consignment, so that might be what the seller wants).

Personally, I would love to pick one up of any PC player for $20-$25. Above that, I would probably wait until another comes along.

BV for insurance purposes? Call it $50. Trade for anything else that sells for $20 or so. JMHO

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Gallinator! Very good explanation.

Like I said I've never had a card that was less than /25 and previous to foray back into collecting never below /100. So when I saw this card /7 even though they aren't players I collect I was like wow thats pretty cool. But my intent all along was to pass it along to someone that collects these players or this kind of card. Your answer was a big help!

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

11-12 DOMINION STRAPPING LADS DUAL FIGHT STRAP MAX TALBOT DANIEL CARCILLO 5/7 Sold for $21.50
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...ls%09&_sacat=0

Also Beckett started in the past year, more and more, to place BV down to /15 but not for all cards. Before they would not ho under /25 but this is changing. But never saw a BV under /12. Mainly Dominion is not selling high at all. You can see sometime some really nice patch auto sell for ridiculous prices. Seam like the secondary market never saw this brand as high end much.

SCF Rewards
    Country

11-12 DOMINION STRAPPING LADS DUAL FIGHT STRAP MAX TALBOT DANIEL CARCILLO 5/7 Sold for $21.50
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...ls%09&_sacat=0

Also Beckett started in the past year, more and more, to place BV down to /15 but not for all cards. Before they would not ho under /25 but this is changing. But never saw a BV under /12. Mainly Dominion is not selling high at all. You can see sometime some really nice patch auto sell for ridiculous prices. Seam like the secondary market never saw this brand as high end much.

Thats a shame. I really like the look of the Dominion product. They look and feel like a high end card. Not sure why the flat sales. I mean they are no "The Cup" but still very nice cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Not completely true anymore! Alot of cards from the higher end products that are /15 - /20 are being BV'd. I guess if they see 3 - 4 completed sales or something from these, they can distinguish a close enough approximate BV (in their eyes anyways, not ours lol).
    Example, 11-12 The Cup Scripted Swatches TC Dual Myers/Subban /15. Just traded it off, but it actually does list a BV for it

EDIT: Sorry Luc, didnt read down far enough as u beat me to this point lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast