Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Looks like Stamkos broke his ankle/leg...:/

No confirmation yet, but judging by the video, his ankle went the wrong way when he hit the goal post today
    against the Bruin's and was taken off by stretcher in great pain. Bad news for T-Bay, hockey fans and
    Team Canada if he is out for a long time...

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Damn, that's a bummer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Broken tibia is what I'm hearing and out indefinitely.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ly-return-date
    Last edited by MattDMC; 11-11-2013 at 05:55 PM.

BANNED

Country

Tibia is the large bone. Often with great rehab, even the best athletes are out half a year or more. The poor guy has to learn to walk, run, then skate all over again on a leg who's muscles will atrophy greatly while he is off his feet and in a cast.

The good news with most breaks unless your name is Gronkowski, is that the bone will probably never break in the same place again unless you are driven over by a Terex Titan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tibia is the large bone. Often with great rehab, even the best athletes are out half a year or more. The poor guy has to learn to walk, run, then skate all over again on a leg who's muscles will atrophy greatly while he is off his feet and in a cast.

The good news with most breaks unless your name is Gronkowski, is that the bone will probably never break in the same place again unless you are driven over by a Terex Titan.

True to this above. If Stamkos has in fact broken his tibia, he's done for the season. It would be insanity for him to try to come back even for the play-offs. It's a crazy serious injury for a regular person, let alone an elite level athlete.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Damn that sucks. It's never good for the league when one of it's elite players goes down even if he's on a team you hate or don't care about. Stamkos is one hell of a talent and hopefully he comes back from this true to form.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Damn that sucks. It's never good for the league when one of it's elite players goes down even if he's on a team you hate or don't care about. Stamkos is one hell of a talent and hopefully he comes back from this true to form.

Totally agree.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really terrible for hockey. I watched it happen live and could immediately see that something was wrong. He even tried to skate after the incident, what a warrior.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Just seeing the agony on his face it was obvious something was awfully wrong :(. Best wishes for s speedy recovery Stammer, and a return in time for the Olympics though it doesnt look good at this point..

BANNED

Country

He tweeted last night that he is very optimistic and looking forward to getting back onto the nice next year. I'm sure he has been given all the alternatives to what lies ahead for him. He's a super-fit kid, and that bodes well for his future.

At this time, I need to feel some personal sympathy for him and his actual injury, the moment I heard he had broken his leg, all I could think of was ….. Goodbye Canadian Olympic Men's Hockey Gold Medal.

That is very selfish, and I apologize for thinking this way, but Russia, Sweden and the USA make me angry when the Olympics start and I don't want them winning anything.

I find them annoying opponents that offer nothing on all accounts. I'm uber-competitive in the first place and when Canada plays Hockey for all the marbles, I am difficult to reason with.

Good Luck Stammer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast