Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post First look: 2014 Panini Donruss baseball cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/11/...aseball-cards/

Donruss is back in baseball.

After nearly a decade on the bench through licensing losses, licensing gains and even a change in company hands, the standalone Donruss brand will return to the baseball card field in 2014 as Panini America announced its plans for the revival on Tuesday.

Set to arrive on Feb. 26, 2014 Donruss will include Diamond Kings, Rated Rookies and more when it returns for the first time since 2005.

Each 24-pack hobby box will include two autographs and one memorabilia card along with a smattering of inserts that will also be familiar to those who collected Donruss in its past days, which began in MLB back in 1981. Among the insert lineups are Press Proofs, Stat Lines (season and stat), Studio, The Rookies, Breakout Hitters, Breakout Pitchers, Hall Worthy, Team MVP and more.

Each box will also include a 57 box-topper of a Diamond King as well as inserts from the No-N0, Power Plus and more.

Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

This could be really good. Only could, but I'm looking forward to it
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Jason Tyner, Jim Thome, sets
    Wild, North Stars, Jason Zucker
    Hidden Content
    Offering a finders fee for the 2013 Prizm Finite Chris Herrmann 1/1!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
    This could be really good. Only could, but I'm looking forward to it
    Could be good but I still don't get why Machado's Elite card has the color scheme for somebody on the Rays. Shouldn't it be orange and black for the Orioles instead of blue and green?

Something new, could be interesting. Bring back Fleer!
    COLLECTING YASIEL PUIG & 2013 TOPPS UPDATE EMERALDS! 322/330 = 97.5%
    Hidden Content <<<CLICK ME>>> Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

So basically this is panini's way of saying heritage or archives .?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherZero View Post
    So basically this is panini's way of saying heritage or archives .?
    Looks like it.

The weird thing is Panini's back catalog of brands is basically strongest in baseball but it is one of the only sports they don't have a license in. Nobody in basketball cares about Donruss, Studio, Elite, etc. but at least they can use logos there.

i personally like the looks of these cards. but i have no lcs and walmart dosnt carry anything but topps
    Hidden Content
    have 3779 different cardinals cards
    check out my blog! Hidden Content

Just doesn't look right without logo's.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    Just doesn't look right without logo's.
    Damn right! I cant believe how people are accepting all these stupid looking cards with hats and helmets and uniforms with the logos missing, they SUCK people!!!!
    ITS GREAT TO LOVE ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dabigyankeeman View Post
    Damn right! I cant believe how people are accepting all these stupid looking cards with hats and helmets and uniforms with the logos missing, they SUCK people!!!!
    Judging by the very poor resale value of Panini's baseball stuff I wouldn't say many people are accepting them. People who player collect really have no choice and for those who player collect guys from the 80s and early 90s are use to it with a lot of airbrushed food items from that time frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast