Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Former goldman sachs employee: Republicans forced detroit into bankruptcy on purpose

http://iacknowledge.net/former-goldm...cy-on-purpose/

On Tuesday, a federal court judge formally declared Detroit to be bankrupt, and in a landmark ruling declared that the pensions and retirement benefits of Detroit city workers are fair game in the coming “readjustment plan.” Despite the public employee pension protections written into the constitution of the state of Michigan, Detroit workers now face growing insecurity as the pensions and retirement funds they rely on face unknown cuts.

Interesting article

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If you bother to actually read the article...

The first portion of revenue sharing reduction was because of a reduction in population. This is logical and happens in every single city and state in the country. Any person with a figment of a brain can grasp the concept that if there are less people in Detroit paying into the tax system then Detroit will get a smaller share of the tax revenue. That is not partisan action, that is standard tax distribution policy for the entire nation. We have a Democrat Senator and Governor here in WV, I guess if they reduce tax revenue to my area because we have a reduced population then that is a Democrat ploy to bankrupt us, right?

Second, the assertion that a reduction of $47 million in 2012 was the reason that the city went bankrupt is just purely ignorant. The city was already going bankrupt from decades of waste and theft by the Democrats in control of the city. Detroit is $18 billion, that is BILLION in debt, the idea that $47 million is why they went bankrupt is idiotic.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Republican governments allowed all manufacturing to go off-shore when Reagan initially went tax-crazy. Reagan then in an effort to wipe the egg off his own face, began to use the Balderdash, "Trickle-Down" Economies of scale.

Unfortunately, only the rich bought into his lies. He will go down in a flat out draw/tie with Richard Nixon as being the 2 worst Presidents in US history.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Republican governments allowed all manufacturing to go off-shore when Reagan initially went tax-crazy. Reagan then in an effort to wipe the egg off his own face, began to use the Balderdash, "Trickle-Down" Economies of scale.

Unfortunately, only the rich bought into his lies. He will go down in a flat out draw/tie with Richard Nixon as being the 2 worst Presidents in US history.

Are you posting in the correct thread? You do realize this is about Detroit going bankrupt, right?

BANNED

Country

Yes I do, hence the shot over Reagan's bow. Republicans want the return of slavery. Even when they get that, they still won't be happy, because their country is still populated by Asians, Black, Latinos and Muslims.

In terms of Detroit? It has been bankrupt since 1996. Just not declaring it does not mean it did not happen years ago.

You need to read this book:

Detroit - An American Autopsy - Charlie LeDuff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Republicans want the return of slavery. Even when they get that, they still won't be happy, because their country is still populated by Asians, Black, Latinos and Muslims.

I am amazed by how intelligent I think you are and how ignorant some of your posts are, this is a crazy one and most often those who accuse others of racism are the real racists.

BANNED

Country

You have a huge racial divide in your own country that most of you choose to ignore. Denial is a wonderful thing on a full belly.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes I do, hence the shot over Reagan's bow. Republicans want the return of slavery. Even when they get that, they still won't be happy, because their country is still populated by Asians, Black, Latinos and Muslims.

In terms of Detroit? It has been bankrupt since 1996. Just not declaring it does not mean it did not happen years ago.

You need to read this book:

Detroit - An American Autopsy - Charlie LeDuff

I don't need to read a book by LeDuff to know what happened in Detroit. Detroit was $3.3 billion in debt as far back as 1959. I don't see how you can possibly tie that to Reagan or the GOP, but considering your outlandish statements about Republicans wanting to return to slavery, I am sure you will figure it out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

You have a huge racial divide in your own country that most of you choose to ignore. Denial is a wonderful thing on a full belly.

actually those of us who see it are the ones being called racist.