Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

I am one of those fool me once shame on you and fool me twice shame on me type guys. I got burned on an ebay purchase about a dozen years ago and have never went back. I hope that the site has improved, but trading here on SCF has been a much more pleasant experience.

With Paypal now, there are a ton more protections offered for buyers. Getting ripped off is still possible, but much more difficult nowadays, as Paypal has great security services for buyers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got Vin TTM by sending to Dodgers spring training two years ago. I know he can be a tough autograph to get but, from the stories I heard, is the classiest person you may ever meet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When used with caution, eBay can be an incredible collecting tool. If you keep an eye out, you'll be able to get most any autograph for half the price of what it sells for on official player websites. You just have to do your homework and make sure you only deal with reputable authentication companies (1st person or if you have to PSA or JSA).

Thats very true. I just ordered a jsa enos slaughter ic for like 3 bucks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well folks, persistence paid off! I sent a nice letter to Mr. Scully at the Dodgers Spring Training facility. I knew it was a long shot, especially because he was hardly calling any ST games. But I got it there in plenty of time for the 3/16 game, which he was scheduled to call.

Lo & behold, there it was in my mailbox this weekend! I figured it would just be my unsigned photo being sent back. No personalization or anything, which I'd asked for...but I'm definitely not complaining! I really thought I would never get this. Unfortunately, the photo is a CVS-printed photo that I pulled off Google Images, so the quality of the photo isn't as good as I should have had signed. But I'm so happy to have this in my collection!

When I was a kid, I wrote to Jack Buck at KMOX and he sent back a signed, personalized B&W photo. So now I've got 2 of the greatest baseball broadcasters of all time. So excited! Thank you all for the advice.

Scully.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Amazing success!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice. I didn't even consider thinking about that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does Vin Scully travel with the team and do road games?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow -- Nice!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! I think Vin did 3 spring training games this year-- 2 at the beginning and 1 last week. Then he traveled to Australia for the 2 games over there. I'm still shocked at this! It's not the same as in-person, but I began to realize that it's almost impossible to get him in person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He did a few TTMs via ST based on SCN. He doesn't travel with the team except for the west coast games.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast