Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

um,yea,happened down the road from me

"U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Tuesday that Cinthya Garcia-Cisneros was released from an immigration detention center Aug. 14. She was in removal proceedings and had been held at the facility since February.An ICE spokesman declined to say why the case was dropped, citing privacy issues.
    Earlier this year, Garcia-Cisneros was sentenced to three years' probation and 250 hours of community service. A jury found her guilty of two counts of felony hit-and-run.
    Prosecutors say the Oct. 20 crash was an accident. But they say the young woman failed to come forward after learning she might have struck the children in the leaf pile, which was on the street. Police found her the following day.
    Authorities said the two girls — later identified as stepsisters, 6-year-old Anna Dieter-Eckerdt and 11-year-old Abigail Robinson — likely were concealed by the leaves and not visible to Garcia-Cisneros.
    Minutes after Garcia-Cisneros drove through the leaves on her way home, her brother returned to the scene and saw a man standing over the pile, screaming. The man spoke to him briefly. The boy went home and told his sister she might have hit two children."
    http://news.yahoo.com/19-old-leaf-pi...RTgwkAy3jQtDMD

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Horrible
    um,yea,happened down the road from me

"U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Tuesday that Cinthya Garcia-Cisneros was released from an immigration detention center Aug. 14. She was in removal proceedings and had been held at the facility since February.An ICE spokesman declined to say why the case was dropped, citing privacy issues.
    Earlier this year, Garcia-Cisneros was sentenced to three years' probation and 250 hours of community service. A jury found her guilty of two counts of felony hit-and-run.
    Prosecutors say the Oct. 20 crash was an accident. But they say the young woman failed to come forward after learning she might have struck the children in the leaf pile, which was on the street. Police found her the following day.
    Authorities said the two girls — later identified as stepsisters, 6-year-old Anna Dieter-Eckerdt and 11-year-old Abigail Robinson — likely were concealed by the leaves and not visible to Garcia-Cisneros.
    Minutes after Garcia-Cisneros drove through the leaves on her way home, her brother returned to the scene and saw a man standing over the pile, screaming. The man spoke to him briefly. The boy went home and told his sister she might have hit two children."
    http://news.yahoo.com/19-old-leaf-pi...RTgwkAy3jQtDMD

SCF Rewards
    Country

killed two little girls,no jail time,no deportation,people not to happy

SCF Rewards
    Country

And they should not be happy this is a travesty

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The accident isn't the issue here, which means the death of the kids is not the issue here. The issue is that she didn't come forward when she learned about it. That's what makes it a hit-and-run. Notice it wasn't murder or manslaughter.

It's horrible that these kids died while just being kids, but that wasn't her crime. Her crime was not coming forward when she learned what happened. Don't pretend she got off for murder here.

And aj, that's not bashing a cop, it's explaining the crime.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 08-22-2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: phone

SCF Rewards
    Country

The accident isn't the issue here, which means the death of the kids is not the issue here. The issue is that she didn't come forward when she learned about it. That's what makes it a hit-and-run. Notice it wasn't murder or manslaughter.

It's horrible that these kids died while just being kids, but that wasn't her crime. Her crime was not coming forward when she learned what happened. Don't pretend she got off for murder here.

we got pretty strict hit and run law here,why the exception here?

PORTLAND, Ore. - A Lake Oswego woman involved in a hit-and-run that left a bicyclist seriously injured was sentenced Friday to 40 months in prison and three years probation, with credit for time served and good behavior.

Miriam Clinton has also lost her drivers license - it's been suspended for five years. She pleaded guilty a few weeks ago to charges of third-degree assault, felony hit-and-run and driving under the influence.

Before the judge handed down the sentence, he told the court he had received 10 letters of support for Clinton from her family and friends. They begged him not to send her to prison, but the judge decided that's where she should go.
    http://www.katu.com/news/local/Miria...232131801.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

we got pretty strict hit and run law here,why the exception here?

PORTLAND, Ore. - A Lake Oswego woman involved in a hit-and-run that left a bicyclist seriously injured was sentenced Friday to 40 months in prison and three years probation, with credit for time served and good behavior.

Miriam Clinton has also lost her drivers license - it's been suspended for five years. She pleaded guilty a few weeks ago to charges of third-degree assault, felony hit-and-run and driving under the influence.

Before the judge handed down the sentence, he told the court he had received 10 letters of support for Clinton from her family and friends. They begged him not to send her to prison, but the judge decided that's where she should go.
    http://www.katu.com/news/local/Miria...232131801.html

That's where the outrage should be. Just don't pretend she got off on a murder charge.

Edit to add: Drunk driving hit-and-runs should be an automatic manslaughter charge. The fact that (at least here, I assume there too) that as soon as you leave the scene, any alcohol in your system "could" have been imbibed after the accident, so there's no DUI, and hit-and-run carries less penalty than DUI or DWI is just so ridiculous I can't even shake my head, just stare with a gapingouth.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 08-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The shooter accused of gunning down at least four men in two states said he murdered a New Jersey teenager as revenge for Muslims killed overseas.
    According to court documents, Ali Muhammad Brown described his June murder of 19-year-old Brendan Tevlin as a "just kill" and said it was an act of "vengeance" meant to compensate for U.S. military killings in the Middle East.
    In addition to Tevlin's murder, Brown has been charged will fatally shooting three men in Seattle. All four men were gunned down in remote areas late at night, NJ.com reported.
    He is currently held in Newark, but he may be extradited to Washington state.
    Brown is a devout Muslim opposed to U.S. intervention overseas, especially Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Iran, prosecutors said.
    "All these lives are taken every single day by America, by this government. So a life for a life," he told investigators, according to the documents.
    Brown further justified killing Tevlin by claiming the shooting was a "just kill," meaning he targeted an adult man and did not put any women, children or elderly people in danger.
    In police interviews, Brown described the U.S.'s military campaign in the Middle East as evil and said if a "man sees evil, then he must take action against that evil," the court papers show.
    Police maintained that the June 25 shooting started as a robbery.
    Officers said Brown fired 10 shots into Tevlin's Jeep Liberty when it was stopped at intersection early in the morning in West Orange, N.J. Then he got into the 19-year-old's car and drove it to a nearby apartment complex to abandon it
    Two co-defendants, Eric Williams and Jeremy Villagran, fled the scene of the shooting before Brown took off in the Jeep, police said.
    Brendan Tevlin via Twitter Police said Tevlin was killed when Brown fired 10 rounds into the teen's car.
    Brown was linked to the New Jersey shooting after police identified the weapon used as the same one used in several Seattle killings.
    Police in Seattle said Brown shot and killed 30-year-old Leroy Henderson in April on a state road outside of the city. Investigators said Brown had no relationship to his alleged victim and the crime was likely motivated by robbery, drugs or crime.
    Brown also allegedly gunned down Ahmed Said and Dwone Anderson-Young in June after meeting them at a Seattle nightclub.
    The alleged summer shooting spree is not the 29-year-old's first run in with police.
    Brown was arrested in 2004 for his part in a massive Seattle bank fraud scheme, the New Jersey newspaper reported. Police originally thought the accused crime ring shipped stolen money overseas to terrorists, but that claim was never backed up with evidence.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A Greenwich mom hosted a rowdy drinking and sex party for her 15-year-old daughter and a group of friends, police said, offering up vodka and at least one condom to the teens.
    But Eliane Mullen, 39, denied the 10 counts of risk of injury to a minor, instead telling the Connecticut Post it was her daughter who supplied the booze and looted the condom from her room.
    "I have a condom in my nightstand and sometimes my daughter comes in and plays with it," Mullen told the newspaper. "She must have come into my bedroom and taken it from my nightstand."
    Cops say the party mom bought a bottle of Smirnoff vodka, a six-pack of Heineken and a bottle of Fireball Whisky for the teens to consume during a shindig in the basement of her old Easton, Conn. home.
    At one point, Mullen proffered a condom to two teens about to go have sex, the CT Post reported.
    "The whole thing got out of hand," Mullen told the paper. "My daughter invited two friends over for a sleepover, and all of a sudden kids just kept coming in, boys and girls that were not supposed to be there."
    The teens were hanging out in the basement with just soda when Mullen checked on them, she said. But later on that night, April 18, one of the kids told her another teen had gotten sick. When she went downstairs, she came upon bottles of rum and vodka.
    "But the amount he drank at the party was not enough to make him that drunk," she told the newspaper. "And I know because I was a certified nurse's aide."
    The boy, who went home extremely drunk, told his parents he’d downed at least half a bottle of vodka and two beers while raging with his friends. The parents took him to the hospital for treatment, police said.
    "I did not coordinate the party, my daughter did — I had no clue she brought alcohol," Mullen told the Connecticut Post.
    The mom’s lawyer declined to comment, but Mullen had plenty to say on the issue — even surmising it was her own daughter who provided the booze.
    "I thought she was going to Marshalls because she had a gift card, but she went to the liquor store instead and then she hid the bottles in the back of my car," Mullen told the paper.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast