Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Black Diamond Hockey Rookie Gems Quad Diamond 1/1's via Live Draft

How cool would it be to land the first pick?

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...llectors-picky

2013-14 Upper Deck Black Diamond Hockey Rookie Gems Quad Diamond Relics are some of the top hits in the set. And for once, they're a redemption you might want to actually receive. Featuring four diamonds embedded into the card, they're too big for packs. So redemptions are a given. But Upper Deck is adding a wrinkle to the redemption process to make the process interactive. Under normal circumstances, redemption cards stink. You sit there and wait. Weeks, months, sometimes years go by and you just wait. The only interaction you have with a typical redemption card is entering the number into a database and checking every few weeks to see if its status has changed.
    Golden tickets are randomly inserted in 2013-14 Upper Deck Black Diamond Hockey packs. Those who find one are guaranteed to get a Rookie Gems Quad Diamond Relics card. But which one won't be known until April.
    The cards will be picked via a live online draft, the Diamond Draft. Much like the NHL Draft Lottery, those who redeem a golden ticket will have their name written on a ping pong ball.
    On April 14, Upper Deck will host the Diamond Draft live and broadcast it via the Internet. To build suspense, ping pong balls will be picked in reverse order. To land the top pick, a collector will have to be the last ping pong ball.
    When it comes time to draft, cards will fly furiously. Collectors will have one minute to make their pick from the available cards.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Love it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See limp-kulach's Items on eBay

WOOOOOOO!!! :D

Rich

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Winnipeg Blue Bombers Toronto Blue Jays
    See https://www.ebay.ca/usr/lionheartcollectibles's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A guy pulled one at my LCS a couple weeks ago. I think he sold it on here for $900. I think another sold on ebay for $1650 I think.
    Mostly buying & selling...But would trade for a Nylander, Marner or Matthews YG.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Upper Deck 2014 Diamond Draft, thoughts?

I thought it was a great idea and I hope they do it again, the person who got first pick clearly doesn't collect hockey, plus I think he forgot about the draft lol.

Thoughts from anyone else?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See limp-kulach's Items on eBay

It was an exciting day, that is for sure. I spent a good 2-3 hours working on my list of 11 when we found out that there were only 11 in the draft. There was a little discussion in the chat about the draft order but it went unseen. We had all though that they were going to pull all the names, starting with the last place and work to first pick but they went opposite. Oh well.

Somehow, I ended up with pick #2 and grabbed Galchenyuk which was a pretty consensus second pick. And yeah, the guy David who got the first pick clearly had no idea what was going on. Ha.

Rich

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Congrats again Rich on getting that Galchenyuk. Always very cool to see a good hobbyist and community member get to take home such a thing of beauty. Make sure to post up that card when you get it eh?

BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

Would love to see a picture of the Galchenyuk when it comes in. Congrats on a HUGE hit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

I thought it was a great idea and an interesting way to get more collectors involved. Congrats Rich on the Galchenyuk! These look like they are gorgeous cards. My wife was shocked that they would dare put 4 one carat diamonds for a card. I told her I'm just as upset that they are used in jewelery so often ;).

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know this thread is pretty old but I thought a post draft discussion would be nice......Also, I found some information on the "diamonds" that should IMO been better revealed.....According to information on Upper Decks website....the "diamonds" are Lab produced diamonds AKA synthetic diamonds. Does this or should this change what the cards or redemptions will/have sold for and how would you feel to find this out AFTER purchasing one of these. below is a quote and link to said information
    "PRIZES: Twenty-Five (25) 1-of-1 shadowbox-style cards featuring a 2013-14 Quad Diamond Rookie, and
    showcasing lab created diamonds inside (“Prize”). Each Prize will feature a different subject and is
    unique." Each Prize has an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of one hundred and seventy five dollars ($175.00)"

http://www.upperdeck.com/Customer-Ca...CIAL_RULES.pdf
    Last edited by fdp79; 04-22-2014 at 12:59 PM.