Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: What do you think?

SCF Rewards
    Country

What do you think?

Country

I think for the price it would be worth the gamble

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would say yeah it's legit. The seller has over 1,800 POSITIVE feedbacks to only 2 negative in the last year. He is trusted among the eBay community apparently. The price makes me question it a bit, and the fact that there's only one picture. But for $5 total, you really got nothing to lose man. I'd buy it no question.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The thing to remember though some of the best sellers on eBay (100% positive feedback, etc) are also some of the leading forgers. I am in no way saying there all forgers because tons are not but I am saying don't just go by Feedback.

With this card IMO I think it's a real auto, Bob Feller used to be great TTM and there's a large possibility that's how the seller got it. Also for cards he used to sign in the corner or on the side.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Feller-A...item35cf6eb5c4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-GREAT-P...item3cd3dcb90d

SCF Rewards
    Country

High positive feedback is kind of meaningless as the others have said. Lots of moms and wives just buy stuff for husbands who collect casually and don't know they are fakes and just mindlessly leave positive feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok I think I might buy it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Guys like Feller and Mantle signed thousands of items during (and after) their careers. Even Babe Ruth signed a bunch of items but you hardly ever see those unless whoever has them dies and their kids sell them. The Feller definitely looks legit to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would think so...I don't think there are many athletes who signed more autographs than Bob Feller.