Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Truth revealed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

What is the lowest min wage in the US?

We're not talking about the lowest minimum wage in the US. Please stay on topic. See I's can do it too......

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

We're not talking about the lowest minimum wage in the US. Please stay on topic. See I's can do it too......

I asked a question relative to the topic.

You screamed about Obama.

Stop trying to start a fight based on partisan politics. I'm not interested.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Typical deflection. I believe it discusses the ACA in the Op post. We were actually talking about the ACA vs Walmarts policies. Thanks for the response.

No, we're talking about health care which wages are relative to. Not everything is about Obama, no matter how obsessed you are with one person.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

We're not talking about those companies, we're not talking about Obamacare. We're talking about Walmart's treatment and compensation of employees. Please try to stay on topic.

So you are under the impression that if WalMart raised employee salaries to...let's say $12.00 an hour to start and gave their normal raises, that they would continue to offer healthcare to employees at the lower rate? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it wouldn't happen that way.

This is the part that baffles me. The "raise minimum wage" crowd seems to be under the impression that we can demand that employers raise salaries and everything will suddenly just be peachy in the world. Nowhere in reality does minimum wage go up without employers raising prices due to increases in operational costs. Increases in operational costs results in increases in the cost of products which results in it costing more for those minimum wage workers to live. Net result is zero is accomplished. This isn't that challenging of a concept!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

considering a whopping 72000 jobs were added last month, it seems you would be lucky to get any job, much less one with good health care benefits.

but just like those 72000 jobs created, we often ignore the 350000 that stopped looking for work, and now need financial help and health benefits.

and anyone who works for walmart, as an associate, and plans on raising a family with just that job are about as unrealistic as those who think raising minimum wage is going to help anything.

WE NEED JOBS AND PEOPLE WORKING!

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

considering a whopping 72000 jobs were added last month, it seems you would be lucky to get any job, much less one with good health care benefits.

but just like those 72000 jobs created, we often ignore the 350000 that stopped looking for work, and now need financial help and health benefits.

and anyone who works for walmart, as an associate, and plans on raising a family with just that job are about as unrealistic as those who think raising minimum wage is going to help anything.

WE NEED JOBS AND PEOPLE WORKING!

What? The Obama Adminstration produced bogus Job Reports? Nooo, That can't be! They are the most transparent adminstration ever!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So you are under the impression that if WalMart raised employee salaries to...let's say $12.00 an hour to start and gave their normal raises, that they would continue to offer healthcare to employees at the lower rate? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it wouldn't happen that way.

No, it really doesn't. I didn't say anything about raising minimum wage. My point is that this doesn't make WalMart any better or worse. So tell me again how WalMart is so great for offering benefits only some can afford instead of paying everyone a living wage and letting people decide how to spend their money.

The part that baffles me is this is all there for you guys to read, so I don't understand why you would deliberately give my words new meani...
    You guys are Republicans, aren't you?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

As unrealistic as thinking everyone chooses the job they want? As unrealistic as thinking everyone has access to the education necessary for a good job? The current knowledge to even know whether or not they have access? The social skills to get a job?

Not everyone was raised with a decent education or any of the other perks you did. Stop acting like everything is so easy for everyone all the time. It's unrealistic.

Or do you believe we should all wait until we are "financially ready" for a family? Love that girl? Too bad, you can't marry her and start a family because you're poor! Is that your idea of a good society? How much should I have saved up before having kids? A hard number please.

Or how about the guy who already has a family and a good job, except that Romney bought and closed down the company for the good of the nation and can now only work at WalMart? Is he being unrealistic? I know 3 people who were small business owners before Home Depot moved in, now they make $15/hr at HD because HD drove them out of business. Were they unrealistic?

Think.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 01-15-2014 at 07:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Walmart is a large employer here, everyone i know that works there r worked there absolutely hates it because of how they are treated.

then again every time i go into Walmart i end up being frustrated because of the behavior of the employees and nonsense of people who shop there.....every time i go there i end up seeing someone on bath salts or at least a couple crackheads being crazy. minimum wage here is 7.25.....i remember 5.25 a while back when i first entered the workforce in 2006....but inflation of prices always occurs when minimum wage increases.
    i hate Walmart and avoid it at almost all costs, id rather shop at my Walgreens and get my 15-20% discount lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I still think jobs like this, fastfood, gas stations, and convenience stores are for retired people who need money, teenagers, and people who are hurting for work. with that said, if you get good benefits from a job like that, then it is an added bonus.

I would also imagine the stores location plays a role, we have all seen the crazy walmart pictures, but the walmart in oberlin, and I am sure in other small towns, are not like that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast