Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Please Note - mikec5000 will ship to the following countries: US Only

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikec5000's Items on eBay

Glad to hear the good news Chris. I have a package for the boys on my desk & will ship tomorrow.
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage/autos of Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Rod Woodson and Superbowl/World Series MVP autos.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thank Mike, they are enjoying all the cards! It's funny because most people would hate to hear they have to have surgery. I've been begging for this for so long now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Best news I've heard all day!! Will keep the prayers going for all! Tell Conner, Kyle and Heather HI.
    Rick

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

GodSpeed Buddy!! Effin cword is afflicting way to many :(

Thoughts, Prayers, Namastes, Karma.. whatever you can use it's being sent.

Get proper Nutrients, high density! Bone broth soups, mean green smoothies, etc..
    Also, Ginger, Tumeric_Curcumin, EgCg(green tea extract) help greatly.(ask Doctors which will help best during Chemo)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks guys, Drs tell you all the vitamins are bunk. But I take tumuric and some others to support liver health during this time. I think it makes a difference.

The update is I'm off to chemo today. The refined plan is one today, one two weeks from today, the 3rd two weeks from that and the 4th two weeks after that. For the next 50+ hours I will be having a vile, poisonous, radioactive liquid being pumped into my system. I have a titanium "port" under the skin in my chest that has a long tube on it which feeds directly into an artery in my heart. The medicine goes into the port and drains directly into my heart Chamber and then is pumped all over my body.

It's weird. Today suck, but it gets worse. On Thursday I have to go back to get the pump removed. That's a good thing because the pump is off. But this is also when the "feel good" meds they give today wear out and your body just goes south for the next 48 hours. There is pain, no energy, your digestive system goes from one extreme to another within hours.

Hope this is not "TMI" like my wife would say. Just want to keep you guys updated. And I have always felt that I got this so that I can warn and help others to avoid this whole thing.

So guys, if your parents had this terrible illness get checked 10 years prior to their diagnosis and everyone else at 40. The gut punch in all of this is colon cancer is avoidable. If I would have had a colonoscopy 4 years ago instead of 2 I would not have had to go through any of this! But there is no history in my family and the standard colonoscopy window was well over a year away even from the one I had.

Pont is, take care of yourselves guys. No one ever has to go through this if they just get checked early!
    Last edited by chajones; 02-04-2014 at 09:07 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Green Bay Packers

Hey Chris!! Just checking in on you old buddy!! Love, prayers and best wishes sent your way from me and the guys in Sandstone!! Just reminding you that you and your family are in my thoughts, hopes and prayers brother!! Dan

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks Dan. One chemo session down and 3 to go. My local Dr says the surgeon confided in him that he believes that he can remove all of the cancer. This is great news. And as my dr said, if he said he can do it, he can because he is one of the very best in the whole world. They did remind me that the chances of it returning are very high, but this is a wonderful opportunity for me to get a jump on the disease and battle for a long long time.

I appreciate all of he prayers and week wishes. It's a Long long fight but I'm up for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikec5000's Items on eBay

Great news about the surgery Chris. I hope the wifey & boys are doing ok.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Update. I'm three chemo sessions into the 4 session as of today. That is good. The bad part is my CEA number has not decreased. The CEA measures the ament of this protein in your blood that your body uses to build tumors. You all likely have some. Most of you have 1-3. If you smoke it's probably 3-7. Mine is over 212.

If the CEA does not go down, the surgery will not be done. And if you have read this post you know just how important that darn surgery is. It is literally life and death. So I am begging you. Tonight when you touch that pillow, please take a minute and pray for me. Pray for that CEA number to come down so I can keep fighting for me, for my wife and especially for my two little boys. We need each other very much. And we need that surgery.

If you go to church, and you feel comfortable put me on the prayer list. Tell anyone who is willing to pray for that number to come down. I believe it can through prayer.

Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jason122883's Items on eBay

Update. I'm three chemo sessions into the 4 session as of today. That is good. The bad part is my CEA number has not decreased. The CEA measures the ament of this protein in your blood that your body uses to build tumors. You all likely have some. Most of you have 1-3. If you smoke it's probably 3-7. Mine is over 212.

If the CEA does not go down, the surgery will not be done. And if you have read this post you know just how important that darn surgery is. It is literally life and death. So I am begging you. Tonight when you touch that pillow, please take a minute and pray for me. Pray for that CEA number to come down so I can keep fighting for me, for my wife and especially for my two little boys. We need each other very much. And we need that surgery.

If you go to church, and you feel comfortable put me on the prayer list. Tell anyone who is willing to pray for that number to come down. I believe it can through prayer.

Chris

Sorry to hear Chris. I am not religious, so obviously I do not send out prayers at bedtime. Tonight, I will put one out for you though. I mean, the big guy upstairs owes me one favor since I never ask for anything, right?

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast