Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight was the Columbus Clippers Fantasy Camp night, and the Indianapolis Indians were in town, so it only made sense for me to be there tonight. Every year, the Clippers bring in a few former players (mostly local guys) to do a free signing before one of the games. My dad came along with me so I could get extras, and I ended up having a great night...

Fantasy Camp:
    Fergie Jenkins 2/2 Cards
    Chris Sabo 3/3 Cards
    Len Barker 2/2 Photos (5x7, 4x6)
    Joe Charboneau 1/1 Photo, 1/1 Card
    Kent Mercker 2/2 Cards
    Mike Hargrove 1/1 Photo, 1/1 Card

Indianapolis/Clippers:
    Rafael Perez 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Tom Filer 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Chris McGuiness 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Matt Hague 2/2 Cards
    Jose Tabata 2/2 Cards
    Andrew Lambo 3/3 Cards
    Robert Andino 3/3 Cards
    Brandon Cumpton 1/1 Card
    Chase D'Arnaud 1/3 Cards ("I'm only signing one now so no one feels slighted.")
    Brent Morel 1/2 Cards ("There's a bunch of people, so I'm only going to do one, okay?")
    Josh Outman 1/1 Card
    Elliot Johnson 1/1 Card (Was waiting for the gates to open, he was jogging outside)

The fantasy camp guys all seemed to love being there, so that was cool. They were all very talkative, even Fergie Jenkins (he loved the Hargrove photo). I can't get over how beautiful that Joe Charboneau photo turned out...wow. The Hargrove photo is inscribed "Human Rain Delay" in case you're wondering.

As for the actual game, I came away with most of the stuff I wanted done, other than Nick Kingham. I'm very happy with how everything turned out, although I'm incredibly disappointed to say that Danny Salazar blew everyone off after the game tonight. Hopefully he was just having a bad day.

Finally, I recently started keeping track of how many Cleveland Indians players I've met. Anyone who's ever coached or played in a regular season game for the Indians counts toward the list. Between Perez, Hargrove, Johnson, and Outman, I'm now up to eighty-eight different Indians!

Also, I owe a shout-out to jimfalbo21 for hooking me up with a sweet Jair Jurrjens autograph since I couldn't do Louisville their second time through. Much appreciated.

Country
    See dbowers328's Items on eBay

Congrats on the success, if you ever want to get rid of one of the Jenkins lmk.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice thread man! Any of the 2012 Topps ft/fs?
    2012 Topps Series 1&2 Ip/ttm auto set: 267.3/660=40.5%

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on the success, if you ever want to get rid of one of the Jenkins lmk.

Thanks! Absolutely will do.

Nice thread man! Any of the 2012 Topps ft/fs?

It all just depends...if there are certain ones you're interested, drop me a PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Spent a very long day down in Columbus today to see Francisco Lindor in AAA for the first time, but it certainly wasn't a disappoint day by any means. I didn't stay for much of the game since I got there around noon to 'graph both teams coming in. I feel like poo and didn't get a ton, but it was worth it...

Mike Wright 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Jim Rickon 1/1 Card
    Giovanny Urshela 1/1 Card
    Elliot Johnson 1/1 Card
    Tyler Holt 2/2 Cards
    Julio Borbon 2/2 Cards
    Steve Lombardozzi 1/1 Card
    Jimmy Paredes 1/1 Card
    Xavier Paul 2/2 Cards
    Francisco Peguero 1/1 Card
    Francisco Lindor 1/1 8x10, 1/1 Card

So, well all was said and done, I left with two Lindors and a handful of other things...not a bad day at all! Also got a third out ball during the game, so that was pretty cool. Was nice to see that Lindor was very cool and actually seemed to enjoy signing for the dozen of us or so inside (and the four of us outside). Lowest quantity night in a long time, but Lindor is the biggest prospect I've gotten this year (outside of Buxton), so go me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Forgot to post this stuff, but last Friday, after hitting up the National, I went with gladdyontherise to the Lake County Captains game. After waiting in line three hours for a bobblehead, I didn't feel like actually 'graphing. So I got in line and got some stuff signed by the Cleveland "legends" they had signing at the ballpark:

Austin Carr 1/1 4x6
    Arthur Chu 1/1 4x6
    Al "Bubba" Baker 1/1 Index Card
    Chelcie Ross (Eddie Harris from Major League) 2/2 Card, ROMLB with "Eddie Harris" Inscription

I also picked up a ton of signed, game-used Matt Laporta stuff at the National for less than $10 each...

And the Jobu bobbleheads...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lehigh Valley came to Columbus last night, plus the Clippers have had quite a bit of new talent lately, so it was only fitting to make it to the game last night. After it was clear that no one from the Ironpigs was going to sign inside, jimfalbo21 and I went over to the Clippers side (which proved to be the right decision...

Brad Lincoln 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Luke Carlin 1/1 Card
    Austin Adams 2/2 Cards
    Zach McAllister 2/2 Cards
    Mark Lowe 1/1 Card
    Nate Spears 1/1 Card
    Elliot Johnson 1/1 Card
    Greg Smith 1/1 Card
    Tony Gwynn Jr. 1/1 Card
    Mickey Morandini 1/1 Card
    Shaun Marcum 1/2 Cards (finally actually pitching again!)
    James Ramsey 1/3 Cards
    Danny Salazar 1/1 Card
    Michael Bourn 2/2 Cards (on a rehab assignment...yet again)
    Francisco Lindor 1/1 Card

Not a bad day by any means with Lindor, Bourn, Salazar, and Ramsey, plus some other cool stuff. Missed Maikel Franco, but I'll live. Lindor didn't sign after the game, as he had family or friends or something in town. Oh well...I've got quite a few and should have plenty of chances.

Mark Lowe becomes the 90th different Indians player I've met (anyone who actually played in a game for them at some point), so that's been a fun project to work on this year. Makes it fun to try and track down some lesser guys for the sole purpose of adding them to my total (Rafael Perez, Esmil Rogers, etc.).

Also, a few final notes to add on movable stuff...I'd be willing to trade the Lindor and '11 Topps Bourn from this post if anyone is interested. I've racked up a ton of Bourn stuff over the last year, and I'm not thrilled with that particular Lindor. Finally, if you're interested in a 50/50, drop me a PM. Taking final stuff here very soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would you trade/sell that Christian Bryant? I played baseball with his brother and got a hit off of him :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would you trade/sell that Christian Bryant? I played baseball with his brother and got a hit off of him :)

I'm going to hold onto that for now. It's right at home in my Ohio State PC.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did Indy at Columbus postgame the past couple nights, but based on the lack of responses in here this year, I'm just going to give a short recap of what I got and post scans when I can...

Ryan Raburn 1/1 Card
    Chase D'Arnaud 2/2 Cards
    Ernesto Frieri 2/2 Cards
    Andrew Lambo 1/2 Cards
    Scott Barnes 1/1 Card
    Zach McAllister 1/1 Card, 4/4 Cards
    Francisco Lindor 1/1 ROMLB

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast