Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Chitownautos IP Success Thread 2014

I've decided to start a thread for my IP Successes. I mostly try to graph at local signings and attending games in the Chicago area. HUGE Blackhawks, Bears, White Sox, and Bulls fan and I HATE the Cubs! I try to go to as many official signings as possible. I also love graphing at games and practices too. I've gotten tons of Chicago stars that way. All of my stuff are up for trades as long as I have doubles so if your interested in any of my doubles hit me up and we can talk. This thread will be for my 2014 autos only. My autos will be labeled "Official" or "Unofficial" where the "Official" signings are actual autograph events while the "Unofficial" signings are just me graphing outside games/practices/hotels/etc. Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by chitownautos; 02-20-2014 at 11:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

January 3, 2014

Chicago Bulls Practice - UNOFFICIAL
    Mike Dunleavy - 1 Trading Card
    Taj Gibson - 1 Bobblehead
    Kirk Hinrich - 1 8x10 Photo
    D.J. Augustin - 1 Index Card

I went to the Chicago Bulls practice and graphed as the players left in their cars. I stayed for an hour or so and only got the first few players leaving, Mike Dunleavy, Taj Gibson, Kirk Hinrich, and D.J. Augustin. I had a Dunleavy card from his Pacer days, a Gibson bobblehead that I won at a Bulls game (with $10 donation), Hinrich 8x10 Photo which I bought like 5 years ago, and an Index Card for Augustin since he was new and I didn't have anything for him. Pretty cold day but it was worth it!

2014 Year to Date
    OFFICIAL: 0
    UNOFFICIAL: 4
    Last edited by chitownautos; 04-14-2014 at 12:03 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

January 8, 2014

Radio Show Appearance - OFFICIAL
    Taj Gibson (Chicago Bulls) - 1 8x10 Photo, 2 Trading Cards

My first official signing of the year was Chicago Bulls F Taj Gibson at a radio show at The Lantern in Lake Forest, Illinois. I got an 8x10 photo and 2 trading cards signed. The event was surprisingly not as crowded as I expected. On 1 of the cards, the sharpie went out so Gibson did that card over. It has 2 colors but still looks pretty good. Rooting for Gibson to get 6th Man of the Year!

2014 Year to Date
    OFFICIAL: 3
    Last edited by chitownautos; 04-14-2014 at 12:04 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

January 15, 2014

Goodwill Store Appearance - OFFICIAL
    Bryan Bickell (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1 Hockey Puck
    Denis Savard (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1 10x13 Photo

I went to a signing for Chicago Blackhawks Forward Bryan Bickell at a Goodwill store in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. The signing was hectic as it was only for the 1st 400 fans with wristbands but there was over 600 people in line. I waited an hour until the store said that the wristbands were gone and if you didn't have a wristband you had to leave. Unfortunately, I didn't get a wristband but was handed a Denis Savard 10x13 photo already signed on my way out. There were a bunch of people outside irritated because we waited in line for over an hour BEFORE they told us to leave! We decided to try to wait through the line to see if Bickell would stay (he already showed up 45 min late to begin with) and we were told repeatedly that he would only sign for those with wristbands. Of course we waited anyways and of course Bickell ended up signing for everyone, even for those without a wristband. There were only like 20 of us that didn't have a wristband at the end. It was a 4 hour ordeal but it was all worth it. I got an official NHL practice puck signed by Bickell, not much longer after the last of the first 400.

2014 Year to Date
    OFFICIAL: 5
    Last edited by chitownautos; 04-14-2014 at 12:04 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

January 20, 2014

Radio Show Appearance - OFFICIAL
    Brandon Bollig (Chicago Blackhawks) - 2 Trading Cards

Went to another Brandon Bollig radio show at Tommy Nevin's in Evanston, Illinois. I already went to 2 other Bollig radio shows in 2013 but I got some new cards that I wanted to get signed. This was a very empty signing, only about 100 people, compared to maybe 250 people at the other radio shows. I got 2 2013 Stanley Cup Champions trading cards signed. Such a cool guy, even for an enforcer!

2014 Year to Date
    OFFICIAL: 7
    Last edited by chitownautos; 04-14-2014 at 12:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

January 26, 2014

Chicago Blackhawks 17 Seconds Movie Sceening - OFFICIAL
    Denis Savard (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1 Hockey Puck

I saw the Chicago Blackhawks 2013 Stanley Cup Championship movie, 17 Seconds, at a screening at Elk Grove Theaters in Elk Grove, Illinois. Denis Savard signed for everyone after the movie. I got a hockey puck signed and also got some cool posters. I actually got to meet Savard this time because the other time I get a Savard autograph, it was previously signed and distributed later as a comp from a previous signing (Look at the Bryan Bickell signing from 1/15/14).

2014 Year to Date
    OFFICIAL: 8
    Last edited by chitownautos; 04-14-2014 at 12:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

February 1, 2014

Chicago Wolves Game - UNOFFICIAL
    Jake Allen - 4 8x10 Photos
    Dmitrij Jaskin - 1 Hockey Puck
    Team (13 Signatures) - 1 8x10 Photo

I went to the Chicago Wolves game and graphed at the players' exit after the game. Their entrance is inside through the concourse and very accessible to the fans, which made it very easy. I got Jake Allen on 4 8x10 Photos, Dmitrij Jaskin on 1 Hockey Puck, and 13 other autographs including Ty Rattie's on a team logo 8x10 Photo. Trying to get all of the prospects today before they become NHL stars tomorrow!

2014 Year to Date:
    OFFICIAL: 8
    UNOFFICIAL: 9
    Last edited by chitownautos; 04-14-2014 at 12:06 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

February 15, 2014

Chicago Auto Show - OFFICIAL
    James "Big Cat" Williams (Chicago Bears) - 1 4x5 Photo
    Kyle Long (Chicago Bears) - 2 8x10 Photos

Attended the 2014 Chicago Auto Show and received autographs from Chicago Bears Guard, '13 1st Rd Pick, and '14 Pro Bowler Kyle Long and former Bears player James "Big Cat" Williams. "Big Cat" was friendly and signed a promotional 4x5 photo that he had (I didn't have anything). Kyle Long had a very long line at first that quickly died down. Got a nice, full autograph on a 8x10 photo and a quick sign autograph the second time on another 8x10 photo. The 2 autographs look very different even though they're both from Long. Probably not the best day to go to the Auto Show considering the all-star list of players attending the other days but this was the only day that fit my schedule.

2014 Year to Date
    OFFICIAL: 11
    UNOFFICIAL: 9
    Last edited by chitownautos; 04-14-2014 at 12:07 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

February 20, 2014

Chicago Bulls Practice - UNOFFICIAL
    Erik Murphy - 2 2013-14 Prestige Cards

This is the first Chicago Bulls practice that I tried to graph at in a while. It's been very cold and there's a lot of snow in Chicago this winter! Today, however, it was 50 degrees and raining which makes it a perfect graphing day over the cold and snow. I got to the Bulls practice facility pretty late after all of the players left, except for rookie Erik Murphy. I saw his car parked and figured he must be leaving soon as well. Waited for 5 minutes and then he came out and signed 2 '13-'14 Prestige rookie cards. I am trying to do a '13-'14 Prestige set and am now 2/200 complete. Yes I only have 2 autographs so far, so it's not really a set yet but I'm trying! If anyone has extra autos on '13-'14 Prestige and they wanna trade, hit me up! I've got some other extras to give you in return.

2014 Year to Date
    OFFICIAL: 11
    UNOFFICIAL: 11
    Last edited by chitownautos; 04-14-2014 at 12:08 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (50) HI
    Country

Hey Nice successes, gotta start on the set somewhere, haha
    Wish I had some to trade, good luck !

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast