Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Country

What to do with base cards?

hello, I have a quick question. I have about 7-12 3600 count boxes filled with base cards that I have no use for. I was wondering what the best possible way to get rid of them are? Obviously they don't have much value. I can trade in team lots but shipping might be a pain. If anyone has any suggestions that could work that would be great appreciated.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greenthings's Items on eBay

I usually stock pile base for a few months and then give it all away to local kids... exciting for both the kid and myself and keeps the hobby going!

BANNED

Country

Where do you give them away at? Like the local hockey rink or something like that?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hiker777's Items on eBay

Good will or charities.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

Great question. Have cases worth of base. Tried the kijiji route, want to just give then to kids but am still unsure how...how do you go about it greenthings? And Trask? You just go to goodwill with a box of base and say here ya go? And they take them? And does any charity take them, or do you specifically go to children's charity or child hospitals? I always wondered about this as well and would appreciate as much help as possible. Also if anyone reads this and are in Alberta and has a specific charity of choice that welcomes this, please share. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders Miami (FL) Hurricanes
    See Zuback's Items on eBay

If you live near a children's hospital do team bags and give them away to the kids. Puts a smile on their faces and maybe for a brief moment they forget about why they are there.

Another option, and this is the one I do as I don't live near a children's hospital and that is I put 15 cards in team bags and give them out at Halloween. The kids love this and it is not candy, so the parents love it also. I have kids that sometimes come back a few times for more and also have some kids that come around each year as they know this is the guy who hands out the hockey cards. Sometimes, they even have their friends, who don't live in the area come by. It is a nice way to see all of the different outfits and also a nice way to give something to the kids.

In the end no matter how you go about doing it, the goal should be to make sure that you put a smile on someone's face. Secondly, maybe it places a spark in them and they find a why into the hobby.

Good Luck.

Tony

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbr3318's Items on eBay

I usually build 3 base sets to keep and everything else I bring in to my LCS (Wayne's Sports Cards) in edmonton and they give the cards away to any kids that come into the shop. In fact that is what I will be bringing a 3600 count box there tomorrow.

Jeff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hiker777's Items on eBay

Good Will works off donations. I just pull up to the back and drop them off, you can get a tax receipt if you want one. I just donated close to 7,000 cards. Just look for local Charities and see if they would be interested in them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I usually put them in team bags and bring them to my old JR High and Elementary School, the teachers give them out to the students as a reward for doing good on a test or to make their day! If anyone in Edmonton is looking to get rid of them let me know and I will gladly take them as I have run out and would love to continue this!

BANNED

Country

Maybe we can set something up were if you guys pay for shipping we can send me a huge priority box? It would be a lot more to go to Canada though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast