Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Minnesota Twins #3 prospect Alex Meyer signed a 2013 Bowman Prospects card in 13 days c/o Twins Spring Training. I wrote in my LOR to him about how I thought that it was awesome that he was a substitute teacher during the offseason. The man signed a $2 million contract and he goes and makes $63 a day substitute teaching. Hopefully he can have a nice, long career in the MLB but if for some odd reason it doesn't work out for him, he will have something as a fallback plan. It's nice to see athletes take on these real world jobs for the experience.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kansas City Royals prospect Greg Billo signed a 2012 Bowman Prospects Purple in 14 days c/o Royals Spring Training. Billo grew up about an hour away from me and dominated while he was in high school. He's not a Top 10 prospect, but I do hope that he can one day overcome some of the injuries he's had and get up to the big leagues.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two cards came in over the past couple of days as Neal Cotts signed a 2004 Bazooka in 17 days c/o Rangers Spring Training. The Cotts autograph now puts me at 8/25 for my 2005 Chicago White Sox project.

Also, Chicago Cubs star prospect Albert Almora signed a 2010 Bowman Drafts Prospect in 16 days c/o Cubs Spring Training. I was really upset to see that the signature smeared a bit. The card was prepped with baby powder before sending because I have had a little bit of trouble on some normal Bowmans. However, this one still smeared just a bit by where he inscribed his number. Nevertheless, it is a great return as there is a lot of excitement for this guy to come up. Between him, Baez, Soler, and a couple other guys, the Cubs could be real good for a long time in a few years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dustin Ackley signed and personalized a 2011 Topps Update in 21 days c/o Mariners Spring Training. This was actually my 3rd attempt at Ackley, so I'm excited to finally have a signed card from him. I've been a fan of Ackley ever since his days at North Carolina, so I'm really hoping he can have a breakout year in 2014.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been a little busy lately but have been lucky enough to have received 5 successes since Friday. Because I'm a big White Sox fan, I'm probably a lot happier with a lot of these than most people would be, but a few have the potential to be great players in the big leagues.

Matt Davidson 1/1
    Adam Eaton 1/1
    Courtney Hawkins 1/1
    Andre Rienzo 1/1
    Colby Lewis 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Been a little busy with school lately so haven't had a whole lot of time to post, but I have had a few successes recently. Cubs prospect Pierce Johnson signed a 2012 Bowman Draft Picks in 32 days c/o Cubs Spring Training. Johnson is the Cubs #6 rated prospect according to Baseball America, and the Cubs have a loaded farm system. I actually first heard of Johnson when I was in St. Louis during my senior year of high school for a spring break tournament and I attended a SLU vs. Missouri State college baseball game. Johnson played for Missouri State and there were professional scouts there to see him pitch. It's pretty cool seeing him then and now having this to add to my collection.

I also received a signed card from former Ohio State star pitcher Alex Wimmers. Wimmers signed my Bowman Draft Prospects card and also included his own signed 2011 Topps Pro Debut in 397 days c/o Twins Spring Training. It's always great to see those returns that you wrote off a long time ago. He inscribed, "Go Big Ten!" on my card as I wrote in my letter that I go to U of I and I watched him pitch once when OSU played at Northwestern. Definitely a nice return from a good prospect from another team with a strong farm system.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Three successes in as C.J. Edwards signed 1/1 in 50 days c/o Cubs Spring Training. Edwards is said to be the best player in the deal that sent Matt Garza to Texas last season, so nice to see a return from a future stud. Jorge Soler signed 1/1 in 46 days c/o Cubs Spring Training. The Cubs are real high on him as well so hopefully he can turn out pretty good as well. Lastly, Rangers pitcher Matt Harrison signed 1/1 in 48 days c/o Rangers Spring Training. Love seeing returns from guys I flat out respect. Matt Harrison is one of those guys. Very quietly, he's asserted himself as a pretty decent pitcher.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Jason, keep your eyes open in the mail. You are getting a couple of items from me. They are not for your White Sox project, but a Chicago fan might like what is coming! Do not send me anything back and if you feel you might want to... Pay-It-Forward!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow thank you so much that is very nice of you! I will definitely be on the lookout. One thing though, I just updated my address since I realized I never did after I moved. Nothing goes to the old address anymore, so the new one should be correct. Hopefully you see this in time, but I really do appreciate that! I'll have to Pay-It-Forward!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oakland A's prospect Tyler Ladendorf signed 1/1 in 48 days c/o Oakland A's Spring Training. Ladendorf was originally acquired by Oakland in exchange for Orlando Cabrera in 2009. He's another local Chicago product and is currently off to a torrid start at Triple AAA Sacramento for the A's. Hope to see him in a big league uniform soon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast