Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shortstop2025's Success Thread

As a bunch of Spring Training requests are going out in the near future, and I'm starting to really get back into TTMing, I thought I'd start my own success thread because I enjoy reading all of the others. It really is amazing to read some of the successes that are posted on this site. Hopefully I can add to that throughout this thread.

I got my first return of the year today as 2003 AL Batting Champion, 2004 World Series Champion, and current Chicago Cubs hitting coach Bill Mueller signed a 2004 Bowman c/o Home. I remember watching Bill when he played for the Cubs in 2001 and he dove for a ball in foul territory at the old Busch Stadium and severely injured himself. As bad as that was, I still remember it to this day because I saw how he sprinted for that foul ball and gave up his body in an effort to make the play. I always really respected him after that and was really happy to see him win a World Series in Boston in 2004. Great to have him back in Chicago now!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dustin Hermanson signed a 2005 Topps in 19 days c/o Home. I'm now at 7/25 cards for my 2005 White Sox project. Still plenty of work to be done, but each one definitely helps.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got a nice Hall of Fame success today as Wade Boggs signed a 1987 Topps and a 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen in 13 days c/o Home. It's always great to get another Hall of Famer, and in Boggs' case, someone I actually used to watch when I first started getting into baseball as a little kid. Real happy about this success...and it helped that it was so quick.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got a real nice Valentine's Day gift today as Jim Bunning signed 3 cards in 15 days c/o Home. He even included a HOF '96 inscription on the Allen & Ginter on the right. I really admire someone like him that can succeed in two completely different fields, let alone two of the biggest fields our society has to offer in professional sports and politics.

Last edited by shortstop2025; 01-12-2015 at 05:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (50) HI
    Country

Nice Work !
    Cant wait till things start rolling in with the Spring Training

SCF Rewards
    Country

The boggs look great!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Michael Pineda, Kyle Seager and Carlos Delgado

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome when you get those HOF successes rolling in! Don't laugh I think the way that you spoke about Mueller that his auto was more important to you than Boggs! To me that is cool as we all have our favs! Best of luck as you build your collection and once your White Sox project is done we would all love to see it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks guys, really appreciate it! And indyreds I did laugh at your comment. I do probably like the Boggs better but I've always been a Bill Mueller fan and I was pumped to get my first TTM back in quite some time as I started getting back into the hobby. The White Sox project will take me quite a while to complete but I will definitely share my progress and the hopeful end result.
    Last edited by shortstop2025; 02-19-2014 at 05:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Boggs and Bunning, two of 3 HOFers I met in person. Boggs is a great guy, too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've heard he is a great guy. The fact that he signs so well through the mail too only adds to it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast